This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#95368 by Alexandr3
Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:07 am
Hi,

When I call work from my home phone (regular 900Mhz phone plugged in my home wired network to my Telo), I get about 60% success rate when entering my work voicemail password. The password is quite simple and I even do it very very slowly and only works about 60% of the times.

My Telo is on 52474 and works A+ for anything else.

Any idea? Should I consider getting the Ooma Handset?

Thanks!
#95370 by Cyberchat
Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:19 am
Alexandr3 wrote:Hi,

When I call work from my home phone (regular 900Mhz phone plugged in my home wired network to my Telo), I get about 60% success rate when entering my work voicemail password. The password is quite simple and I even do it very very slowly and only works about 60% of the times.

My Telo is on 52474 and works A+ for anything else.

Any idea? Should I consider getting the Ooma Handset?

Thanks!

It may be the tone generator on your telephone and it may have nothing to do with the OOMA Telo. I had the same problem with a previous phone system in which the tone generator had deteriorated over time. A new phone solved the problem.
#95371 by Alexandr3
Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:21 am
Hm... Possible, but it's quite a coincidence that all of a sudden when using the Ooma it now fails 40% of the time while it was working fine for the last two years...

Anyways, I'll probably get the Ooma Handset just so I can use the second line :)
#95372 by Cyberchat
Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:23 am
You may want to wait until the new OOMA Handset comes out within a few weeks.
#95376 by Cyberchat
Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:14 am
The existing (first generation) OOMA Telo Handset works fine for us now that thanks to this forum we able to get new batteries for it.
#95379 by kdmc69
Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:00 am
Cyberchat wrote:The existing (first generation) OOMA Telo Handset works fine for us now that thanks to this forum we able to get new batteries for it.

I second that on the batteries! My handsets were really unreliable and unusable until I got a couple of the replacement batteries mentioned elsewhere on this forum. Now I trust that when I pick one of them up to make or receive a call, they will work as they should.