This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#95343 by nabril
Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:53 pm
Miami user with ATT with internet settings of download Speed up to: 1.5 Mbps and upload Speed up to: 256 Kbps (ATT DSL Ultra).

I cannot get faster speeds at this time, until Uverse arrives in the future.
So, there is a $50 rebate that expires on april 30th, and I've been wanting to get Ooma for some time. But, will my current speeds allow good call quality? Or will I get it, and regret the purchase because of dropped calls, bad sound, etc?

thanks
#95349 by thunderbird
Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:40 am
nabril wrote:Miami user with ATT with internet settings of download Speed up to: 1.5 Mbps and upload Speed up to: 256 Kbps (ATT DSL Ultra).

I cannot get faster speeds at this time, until Uverse arrives in the future.
So, there is a $50 rebate that expires on april 30th, and I've been wanting to get Ooma for some time. But, will my current speeds allow good call quality? Or will I get it, and regret the purchase because of dropped calls, bad sound, etc?

thanks

Go to the following Ooma site and run Test Your Speed at http://ca.ooma.com/help-me
#95352 by WayneDsr
Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:06 am
As long as you don't have heavy internet traffic along with the call (streaming, file sharing, etc.)

Check your connection as Thunderbird suggests to view the quality of your connection. The quality of your connection, rather than speed will make the difference. DSL is usually pretty good.

On a call my Telo uses well under 100 kbps in either direction.

Wayne