This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#95233 by lbmofo
Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:42 pm
Via IP address is fine too as long as you DHCP reserve one for your Ooma.
#95234 by Ringfinger
Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:31 pm
I assigned a static address to the ooma. It's just setting up the QoS for it that I need help with this my post to the buffalo router board. Although, I dont see the ooma as a dhcp client when I look, it shows up as An active dhcp client and not a dhcp client however I think that is insignificant. I have the static ip assigned And I know the ooma is functional.
#95236 by lbmofo
Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:39 pm
murphy wrote:A static IP address (which I do not recommend) would have to be outside of the DHCP table range.

A static reservation must be within the table.

You can change the DHCP table limits to whatever you want. I always start it at .2 and end at .99.
I have a planned network. 99% of my devices have static reservations so I always know where they are. I had 39 devices at last count.

Can you use static reservation instead?
#95241 by Ringfinger
Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:36 am
Yes, I am using a static address that I assigned in my router. It is working as I can see the reservation I made and it shows up under DHCP Clients when I look at my network but nor under active DHCP clients. Whatever that means because the ooma is working and I entered the correct MAC ID and assigned that the static IP. I just now need to set the QoS for that static IP address.
#95466 by Ringfinger
Wed May 02, 2012 11:15 am
Can anyone help me with setting QoS with DDWRT as the firmware on my router? I googled but I must tell you, it is quite overwhelming. I just need to know how to set it up (I have a static IP assigned) and what numbers to use?

Help?
#95467 by murphy
Wed May 02, 2012 12:15 pm
Ringfinger wrote:Can anyone help me with setting QoS with DDWRT as the firmware on my router? I googled but I must tell you, it is quite overwhelming. I just need to know how to set it up (I have a static IP assigned) and what numbers to use?

Help?

Click the NAT/QoS tab
Click the QoS tab
Click Enable after Start QoS
Go down to MAC Priority and enter the MAC address of the Internet port of your Telo which is one higher than the one on the label.
Click Add
Click the Priority pull down arrow for the just created entry and select Premium.
Click Apply Settings at the bottom of the page.

It doesn't matter what the IP address is.
#95471 by Ringfinger
Wed May 02, 2012 2:31 pm
I have it (ooma) connected via wi fi dongle, does that make a difference as far as Mac address to enter? Do I just enter the mac I'd for the dongle? As far As speed, I don't enter any? I just enter it as priority?
#95474 by murphy
Wed May 02, 2012 3:14 pm
Ringfinger wrote:I have it (ooma) connected via wi fi dongle, does that make a difference as far as Mac address to enter? Do I just enter the mac I'd for the dongle? As far As speed, I don't enter any? I just enter it as priority?

Use the MAC address of the WiFi adapter.
There are no speed entries. The Telo gets top priority when it is active and everything else uses what is left.
#95481 by Ringfinger
Wed May 02, 2012 5:48 pm
I have no priority pulldown under MAC Priority, just under services priority. I have a space for max kbps up and down that I seem to need and add values for, now what?