This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#95125 by Addicted2climbing
Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:21 am
Hello All,

I set up my Ooma Telo last night and it seemd to work OK. We tested it on a call to France and the only complaint we had was that anything we said was played back through the earpice of our phone when we spoke. It was like verything we said had an echo. Is there a setting to stop this or is this an issue with our current phone. Would one of the Dect phones help with this? Also I read some poor reviews on the Dect Phones and am curios if people have good reviews with other options...

Take care,

Marc Webster
#95128 by thunderbird
Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:39 am
Addicted2climbing wrote:Hello All,

I set up my Ooma Telo last night and it seemd to work OK. We tested it on a call to France and the only complaint we had was that anything we said was played back through the earpice of our phone when we spoke. It was like verything we said had an echo. Is there a setting to stop this or is this an issue with our current phone. Would one of the Dect phones help with this? Also I read some poor reviews on the Dect Phones and am curios if people have good reviews with other options...

Take care,

Marc Webster

Try testing with a corded phone. When you are using the corded phone, remove power from any wireless phone bases that you may have in your home.

Yes, DECT 6 phones work better with Ooma phone systems.
#95129 by lbmofo
Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:49 am
thunderbird wrote:Yes, DECT 6 phones work better with Ooma phone systems.

DECT 6 is best in any situation. This echo might have been due to the line quality of the particular overseas call you were on. May get better connection on the next overseas call. Do you hear echo for domestic calls too?
#95724 by mac711
Wed May 09, 2012 10:01 pm
I also heard some echoes on domestic calls tonight with DECT 6 cordless.

Are echos a symptom you can expect from VOIP?
#95727 by thunderbird
Wed May 09, 2012 10:18 pm
mac711 wrote:I also heard some echoes on domestic calls tonight with DECT 6 cordless.

Are echos a symptom you can expect from VOIP?

No, you would not expect echo from and Ooma VoIP.

Try removing power from you Modem, then repowing your Modem. If your Modem contains a backup battery, you must temporarily remove the battery for this procedure to be successful, reference you Modem operators manual. Then test for echo.

Next:
Try testing using a corded phone, with the Wireless phone and phone base disconnected while conducting this test. All the wireless phone base(s) in your home must be unpowered during this test, even if they aren't connected to the Ooma device, and are connected to another phone system.
#96496 by hardwaremonkey
Wed May 30, 2012 7:15 am
I have experienced occasional echo related to VoIP on Ooma. Usually this can be resolved by hanging up and calling again. It it persists, unplug Ooma for 20+ minutes and try again. It sounds stupid and naive, but this method really does fix most Ooma issues.
#99229 by simmomi
Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:43 am
thunderbird wrote:Try testing with a corded phone. When you are using the corded phone, remove power from any wireless phone bases that you may have in your home.

Yes, DECT 6 phones work better with Ooma phone systems.


I just installed a VTECH DECT 6.0 cordless phone system on the OOMA and am still experiencing echoing when making domestic calls. On my landline, I have a Vtech 5.8 Ghz cordless phone system.

Could the landline cordless still cause interference with the OOMA?
#99235 by thunderbird
Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:44 pm
simmomi wrote:
thunderbird wrote:Try testing with a corded phone. When you are using the corded phone, remove power from any wireless phone bases that you may have in your home.

Yes, DECT 6 phones work better with Ooma phone systems.


I just installed a VTECH DECT 6.0 cordless phone system on the OOMA and am still experiencing echoing when making domestic calls. On my landline, I have a Vtech 5.8 Ghz cordless phone system.

Could the landline cordless still cause interference with the OOMA?

Remove power from the Vtech 5.8 Ghz cordless phone system base. Then test with the VTECH DECT 6.0 making Ooma calls.

In the past sometimes when ever a 5.8 Ghz phone system has been operating nearby, even if not connected to the Ooma device, there will still be echo.
#99244 by simmomi
Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:42 pm
thunderbird wrote:
simmomi wrote:
thunderbird wrote:Try testing with a corded phone. When you are using the corded phone, remove power from any wireless phone bases that you may have in your home.

Yes, DECT 6 phones work better with Ooma phone systems.


I just installed a VTECH DECT 6.0 cordless phone system on the OOMA and am still experiencing echoing when making domestic calls. On my landline, I have a Vtech 5.8 Ghz cordless phone system.

Could the landline cordless still cause interference with the OOMA?

Remove power from the Vtech 5.8 Ghz cordless phone system base. Then test with the VTECH DECT 6.0 making Ooma calls.

In the past sometimes when ever a 5.8 Ghz phone system has been operating nearby, even if not connected to the Ooma device, there will still be echo.


Will give it a shot. Thank you sir!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests