This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#94960 by rayt168
Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:16 am
Hello, I have had my Ooma for about 4 months now. It seems like I am not getting any type of signal in other phone jacks besides the phone that is hooked up directly to the telo. It was working fine before. I have tried wireless and wired without any luck. Has anybody had this problem before? How did you get around it?

https://www.ooma.com/app/support/distrib ... hone-jacks

I followed the instructions from above link. The junction box is disconnected.

Thanks in advance.
#94962 by thunderbird
Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:13 am
rayt168 wrote:Hello, I have had my Ooma for about 4 months now. It seems like I am not getting any type of signal in other phone jacks besides the phone that is hooked up directly to the telo. It was working fine before. I have tried wireless and wired without any luck. Has anybody had this problem before? How did you get around it?

https://www.ooma.com/app/support/distrib ... hone-jacks

I followed the instructions from above link. The junction box is disconnected.

Thanks in advance.

Make sure the phone line coming in from the street, from your old phone provider, is disconnected from your House phone wiring.

If your Ooma Telo has a Wall phone port, don't use it.

Connect a phone cord from the Ooma Telo Phone port to a house Wall Jack. Listen for the Ooma dial tone with a phone connected to another house Wall Jack.

If you want to position a phone next to the Ooma Telo, add a phone line splitter to the phone cord going from the Ooma Telo phone port, to the house Wall Jack.
#94969 by rayt168
Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:33 am
Thank you, Thunderbird.

Is there a quick and easy way to tell when the old phone line is disconnected? I was using Brighthouse phone before. I may not have done it correctly the first time. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
#95207 by George Cole
Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:40 am
My multiple phones quit a while back. I regain a working system again I did the following.
1 Replaced the cable from the Telo to the wall jack. no help
2. Checked the wall jack wiring and re-secured the connections..no help but got a off hook signal and #1 line in use light on. removed the cable from the Telo to the wall jack.
3. Noticed the #1 line light on. no phone connected.
4. Unplugged the Telo, went to grab a beer.
5. Plugged everything back in, reconnected the Telo. after reset everything working as advertized..

I'm thinking the Telo had a brain fart but now all is right with the world.

Regards,
George
#95215 by Cyberchat
Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:42 am
George Cole wrote:My multiple phones quit a while back. I regain a working system again I did the following.
1 Replaced the cable from the Telo to the wall jack. no help
2. Checked the wall jack wiring and re-secured the connections..no help but got a off hook signal and #1 line in use light on. removed the cable from the Telo to the wall jack.
3. Noticed the #1 line light on. no phone connected.
4. Unplugged the Telo, went to grab a beer.
5. Plugged everything back in, reconnected the Telo. after reset everything working as advertized..

I'm thinking the Telo had a brain fart but now all is right with the world.

Regards,
George

Ahhhhhhh! A nice cold beer fixes a lot of problems! :D