Yes, I did a full wipe of NVRAM before loading DD-WRT. No, it's an old (v2) 54G, not a 54GS. No, I'm not using SP1, I'm using an older build (9517M). I haven't touched the router since before I got the Telo. Even if I have DD-WRT problems (which I doubt), I have given the telo a static IP (something everyone should do, IMHO), so the DD-WRT DHCP lease problems should not affect it.EX Bell wrote:Have you tried doing a 30/30/30 reset on the router? Before you flashed your 54G (54G right? Not 54GS!) did you read the peacock thread line for line?! Are you using a build from the router database? It's not SP1 is it!? You did at 30/30/30 reset before and after flashing!?
I've found that DD-WRT can do effective QoS throttling if set up properly (in my case, when I used it, I had the telo's MAC set as the only premium service, no port-based throttling). What makes it nearly impossible to configure is that you can't account for "turbo boost" easily, and you can't separately throttle WAN & LAN, so you have to throttle LAN traffic too much.EX Bell wrote:I found the QoS of DD-WRT did not function correctly. Voice quality was still bad even when it was active. Without QoS managing my network traffic, voice quality on the Telo was mediocre at best, often garbled.
I don't think QoS (or bandwidth issues) is a problem, since I can monitor LAN and WAN traffic when I have the problem. Nothing is sucking up bandwidth when the telo goes into "garbled mode." That's why I think this is either a problem with my telo (either a defective unit, or just a bad piece of equipment) or with something on the other end of the line. No one at Ooma's tech support has been able to come up with any diagnostics I can use, so I can't figure that out.