This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#93965 by ctriegel
Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:25 am
I have had my old Ooma (pre Telo device) working without any major issues for 3 years. I am pleased with the service.

However, starting about a month ago, I can no longer dial into the conference calling center my employer uses because I can't dial in the meeting ID. I hear the tones on my phone, but there's no response from the other end. It's as if the tones do not go beyond the Ooma in my house.

I have seen other, much older posts describing a similar problem, but for me the problem has only just started.

Any ideas what's going on or how to fix?

Thanks
#93966 by thunderbird
Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:29 am
ctriegel wrote:I have had my old Ooma (pre Telo device) working without any major issues for 3 years. I am pleased with the service.

However, starting about a month ago, I can no longer dial into the conference calling center my employer uses because I can't dial in the meeting ID. I hear the tones on my phone, but there's no response from the other end. It's as if the tones do not go beyond the Ooma in my house.

I have seen other, much older posts describing a similar problem, but for me the problem has only just started.

Any ideas what's going on or how to fix?

Thanks

For the last few days we have had the same symtoms with our Ooma Telo. If we dial the number, then wail for maybe more then a minute, even a minute and a half, the call eventually goes through.

If I remove power from the Ooma device for one hour, then repower it, the calls seem to go through normally for a while. But then the problem comes back and we end up waiting for more then a minute again for the call to start ringing and go through.

This problem is probably a carrier routing problem and you should report this problem to Ooma Customer Support:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST