This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#93605 by leehileman
Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:10 am
Hi all,

Here's a strange one: Fairly frequently, when my wife talks to her mom, her mom reports that there are long (on the order of 10 seconds at a time) periods during which she can't hear my wife at all. The weird thing is that it only seems to happen when she is using the Ooma handset. Seems like when using the regular phone that's plugged into the Ooma, it doesn't happen.

Also, her parents are on FIOS. Does the phone provider/technology on the called party's end make any difference? It seems like when I call my parents who have a normal landline, they never report any dropouts with the Ooma handset or the regular phone plugged into the Ooma. Any ideas?

Oh, we do have a DECT 6.0 baby monitor. Could it be conflicting with the handset?

Thank you in advance for your always excellent help.
#93610 by thunderbird
Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:54 am
leehileman wrote:Hi all,
Here's a strange one: Fairly frequently, when my wife talks to her mom, her mom reports that there are long (on the order of 10 seconds at a time) periods during which she can't hear my wife at all. The weird thing is that it only seems to happen when she is using the Ooma handset. Seems like when using the regular phone that's plugged into the Ooma, it doesn't happen.

This is unlikely in your case but:
Some times the Internet signal will surge or stall. To find out if this is happening, surf the Internet while your wife is talking to the her parents using the Ooma Telo handset.

Also some times there can be confict with the Router's Wi-Fi signal. To test for that, Connect Modem-Ooma only, or leaving the Router unpowered if connected Modem-Ooma-Router, then test.
leehileman wrote:Oh, we do have a DECT 6.0 baby monitor. Could it be conflicting with the handset?

For testing and isolation only, temporarily remove power from the baby monitor, and then make calls using the Ooma Telo handset.
leehileman wrote:Also, her parents are on FIOS. Does the phone provider/technology on the called party's end make any difference? It seems like when I call my parents who have a normal landline, they never report any dropouts with the Ooma handset or the regular phone plugged into the Ooma. Any ideas?

For testing and isolation, have your wife use the regular phone the next time she calls her parents.

leehileman wrote:Thank you in advance for your always excellent help.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests