This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#93330 by cwradio
Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:52 am
Problem:
I have a new Ooma Telo. There is a low volume pulsing buzz after I enter the first digit at dial tone.
It happen in WIFi mode and direct wire connection. The receiving party does not hear the buzz.
Any advice? Thanks
#93331 by thunderbird
Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:03 am
cwradio wrote:Problem:
I have a new Ooma Telo. There is a low volume pulsing buzz after I enter the first digit at dial tone.
It happen in WIFi mode and direct wire connection. The receiving party does not hear the buzz.
Any advice? Thanks

Disconnect the phones that you are using with the Ooma Telo. Then connect a completely different phone and test.
#93338 by cwradio
Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:16 am
Little more info:
Tried two different phone and two different wires from the phone. Same problem with the buzz. I also moved the Telo box to another location in the house. Still have problem.
No buzz with ATT land line phone. Thanks for helping
#93342 by thunderbird
Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:36 pm
cwradio wrote:Little more info:
Tried two different phone and two different wires from the phone. Same problem with the buzz. I also moved the Telo box to another location in the house. Still have problem.

Try taking your Ooma Telo to a friend or neighbor's home and then test. If you still have the buzz, there is a problem with the Ooma Telo. If it is within the one year warranty period, contact Ooma Customer Support for a replacement. Ooma will send a replacement, shipping prepaid, along with a shipping label to ship the defective Ooma Telo back. You just plug in the replacement unit and ship the defective one back.

Or you can take the Ooma Telo back to where you purchased it and exchange it for a replacement unit. In that case don't register you replacement unit on line, but contact Ooma Customer support to have your profile transferred to the new unit.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#93345 by EX Bell
Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:12 pm
Two questions. How low volume is "low volume"? Is it a buzz or more of a hum?
Reason I ask is mine has a very low volume hum. Barely discernible though and my wife who's picky about most of the Ooma idiosyncrasies has not complained about this. I think only I have noticed and it's so minor I'm not bothered by it and have found it pretty easy to ignore.
#93349 by dacubz
Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:23 pm
I wish I knew the answer to this too. I have a loud annoying buzz as soon as I pick up my phone. It's not an Ooma handset, and I don't wat to buy one, yhe telo cost is enough. I've had Vonage and T-Mobile @ Home Voip, so I'm not new to the service at all. This is the worst call quality that I've had out of them all though. Disappointed for sure.
#93351 by thunderbird
Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:13 pm
Usually this problem is caused by a defective phone, or the power source used by the Ooma Telo.

But a while back there were a couple of others that had this same problem.

It turned out that their Ooma Telos were defective.

Since there are more complaints, maybe there was a "bad Ooma Telo build”.

When the Ooma Telos were replaced, the Pulsing Buzz sound was gone.

I believe that all the Ooma Telos that had this problem were new or almost new, and within with the one year warranty period.
#93482 by cwradio
Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:42 pm
thunderbird wrote:
cwradio wrote:Little more info:

Try taking your Ooma Telo to a friend or neighbor's home and then test. If you still have the buzz, there is a problem with the Ooma Telo. If it is within the one year warranty period, contact Ooma Customer Support for a replacement. Ooma will send a replacement, shipping prepaid, along with a shipping label to ship the defective Ooma Telo back. You just plug in the replacement unit and ship the defective one back.

Or you can take the Ooma Telo back to where you purchased it and exchange it for a replacement unit. In that case don't register you replacement unit on line, but contact Ooma Customer support to have your profile transferred to the new unit.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

I tried my Ooma Telco at my friend house with another phone. I still have the low volume pulsing buzz. The volume of the pulsing buzz is low in amplitude.
I will get back to the the group once the Ooma Telo is replaced. Thanks all for your council.