This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#93106 by louielou1234
Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:12 pm
Starting in the last few months, each and everytime I make a call to a mobile phone in Thailand Ooma will cut off after 3 minutes. Before the call disconnects the automated recording tells me how much is left on my prepaid account. Ooma has provided zero information to their customer support personel and they are useless. It is a switchimg problem on Ooma end. Before I tell everyone I know to switch to Skype can anybody shed some light on this issue? Thanks in advance.
#93110 by thunderbird
Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:59 pm
louielou1234 wrote:Starting in the last few months, each and everytime I make a call to a mobile phone in Thailand Ooma will cut off after 3 minutes. Before the call disconnects the automated recording tells me how much is left on my prepaid account. Ooma has provided zero information to their customer support personel and they are useless. It is a switchimg problem on Ooma end. Before I tell everyone I know to switch to Skype can anybody shed some light on this issue? Thanks in advance.

We've had problems with International calling to China, similar to what you are having, but not recently.

Are you using the Prepaid Account with the Auto-refill balance feature at https://my.ooma.com/dashboard , or are you using the Bundle plans at https://my.ooma.com/products/addons_det ... undle.html ?

Which ever method of payment that you are using, switch to the other method for a month or two, and see if you International calls to Thailand last longer then three minutes. Switching methods may wake up or straighten out you Ooma profile.
#93121 by thunderbird
Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:57 pm
louielou1234 wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. Didn't work though. Oh well, good-bye Ooma, hello Skype. What a waste, too bad Ooma couldn't hold up.

I forgot to tell you that when you switch the perference in My Ooma, you have to remove power from the Ooma device for one hour. Then repower the Ooma device.