This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#93013 by rokket
Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:48 am
When I answer the phone, I don't know if someone called or not because all I hear is a dial tone. If someone does answer their voice sounds garbled, and tunnel like. Sometimes callers can't hear me. I have adjusted my band width several times, my cable modem, and router are all new. This is becoming the last straw.
#93028 by thunderbird
Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:33 pm
rokket wrote:When I answer the phone, I don't know if someone called or not because all I hear is a dial tone. If someone does answer their voice sounds garbled, and tunnel like. Sometimes callers can't hear me. I have adjusted my band width several times, my cable modem, and router are all new. This is becoming the last straw.

First:
Power off the Ooma device for one hour. Then repower the Ooma Device and test.

If that doesn't work, do the following two steps:
Try connecting your Ooma device Modem-Router-Ooma. When using this connection, nothing is connected to the Ooma Home port, except temporarily a computer, with a network cable, when making adjustments to Ooma Setup. Set your Ooma Setup Quality of Service Upstream and Downstream Internet Speeds settings to Zero.

Access Ooma Setup and change MAC address from Automatic to Use Built In. Reboot the Ooma device, and test.