This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#92215 by jswiger
Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:35 pm
I just set up my Ooma today and so far I've loved the phone service and the call quality is excellent... except for when I call one number. I've called a dozen different numbers, including different area codes, but only this number has very bad static.

I never have any issues with static when calling this particular number from my cell phone or other land lines, so I know it's the Ooma.

Any reason why one particular number would be causing call quality issues?

Thanks!
#92221 by thunderbird
Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:35 am
jswiger wrote:I just set up my Ooma today and so far I've loved the phone service and the call quality is excellent... except for when I call one number. I've called a dozen different numbers, including different area codes, but only this number has very bad static.

I never have any issues with static when calling this particular number from my cell phone or other land lines, so I know it's the Ooma.

Any reason why one particular number would be causing call quality issues?

Thanks!

For an Omoa phone system static problem, static is almost always caused by one of the phones that are being used, either on your end or on the other end. Try using different phones. If you are using cordless phones, try using a corded phone and remove power from the cordless phone base. If you can, do the same for the party at the other end.

If you still have static, it probably is an Ooma problem.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST