This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#92028 by emeidz
Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:17 pm
I moved the Telo behind the router. 1st couple incoming calls were fine and now they are delay and garbled. It doesn't matter what I have anything set too, same issue.
#92030 by thunderbird
Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:59 pm
emeidz wrote:I moved the Telo behind the router. 1st couple incoming calls were fine and now they are delay and garbled. It doesn't matter what I have anything set too, same issue.

Here is something that Tom B wrote an about two and a half weeks ago. It has to do with one way audio and probably garbled voice. Since Tom posted that the fix was delayed, but was supposed to be completed by the end of this week. I don't know it happened or not.
I had been experiencing these problems, and during the day yesterday I though maybe it was fixed. But later my wife made some International calls, and they were just terrible. Disconnects, garbled voice, one way conversations. So you are not alone.

Tom B wrote:
So my home's Ooma Telo one way audio problem should be fixed next week?

Correct, once all servers are upgraded which will likely complete the week after next. Before that it will be hit or miss depending on which server you hit when making calls. And for those unfamiliar with this issue, it only happens on calls to certain numbers.
#92045 by emeidz
Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:25 am
Called support again and they had me change QoS to 760 for up. Still having problems. I even disconnected my home network, power cycled the modem and Ooma, and I still have issues on incoming calls. This is definitely an Ooma problem.
#92048 by thunderbird
Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:09 am
emeidz wrote:Called support again and they had me change QoS to 760 for up. Still having problems. I even disconnected my home network, power cycled the modem and Ooma, and I still have issues on incoming calls. This is definitely an Ooma problem.

My wife was calling China and had a terrible time, having about every problem that you could think of, including One Way Conversations, Robotic Voice, Garbled Voice, and Dropped Calls.

I have a second Ooma Telo that I had not configured for International calling. Last night I configured it for International calling. After calling China a few times, my wife said that she didn't have any Quality problems, and only had two or three disconnects, (she talks for hours). The dropped calls probably happened because of the way Ooma has their International calling setup.

While I'm waiting for an Ooma fix for my first Ooma Telo, I ran http://www.phonepower.com/speedtest.
I clicked on the Phonepower Speedtest Advanced tab and looked at the Estimated download bandwidth: reading. I then set the Ooma Seup Quality of Service Downstream and Upstream Internet speeds both, to a value just a little higher then the Estimated download bandwidth: reading. I tested and it seemed to be better. But because this problem has been so intermittent, it is too, too soon to think that this setting might help. I know my problem is on the Ooma side, but at least I'm trying to do something.
#92061 by emeidz
Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:11 pm
Called support again this afternoon. He made some tests calls to me and the problem existed. This time they had me change QoS to 800 for the up. He then said he made some changes on his side. Made 1 test call and it was fine so they declared it fixed. Every incoming call since has been delayed and garbled. I got an email from support just now and they said they will escalate to their "higher technical team" whatever that means. So far I am not impressed with the Ooma Telo or the support. I will have to pull my receipt and see how many days I have to return it. My number port is supposed to happen on Tuesday. Ugh.
#92094 by emeidz
Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:51 am
Got an email from support saying a ticket has been opened with the "higher technical team" and they provided a ticket number. We will see what happens now.
#92096 by thunderbird
Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:55 am
emeidz wrote:Got an email from support saying a ticket has been opened with the "higher technical team" and they provided a ticket number. We will see what happens now.

Thanks for keeping us posted on your progress or lack of progress. :)
#92109 by emeidz
Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:19 pm
Received an email response from the higher team today. He told me to set QoS to 0 and 0...Power down everything for 10 minutes and power back on. I saw when I got home that my Telo has been upgraded to the latest firmware so I changed the QoS setting to those requested. I powered down everything and disconnected all cables for 15 minutes. Powered on cable modem only for 5 minutes. Connected up cables to Telo and powered on for 5 minutes. Powered on Router and now will test. Went into Telo and verified my settings took and still at latest firmware.
#92198 by emeidz
Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:26 am
It has been 2+ days now and so far all incoming calls have been good. My number port completed last night so hopefully it has been fixed for me. If you are having same sort of issues, I would suggest emailing support and having them open a ticket with the "higher technical team".