This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#91971 by crazbs
Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:41 am
I am having trouble with dropped calls and all the advice I am finding tells you what to do if you are using a router /ooma / modem. I am using an integrated Modem/Router. My ooma is connected to the Modem/Router and my phone is connected to the ooma. I have a mac laptop that I am using with WiFi only. The sound quality and everything else is great but I am getting dropped calls at least once and up to 4 times per call. VERY annoying, thanks for any help.
#91978 by thunderbird
Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:28 am
crazbs wrote:I am having trouble with dropped calls and all the advice I am finding tells you what to do if you are using a router /ooma / modem. I am using an integrated Modem/Router. My ooma is connected to the Modem/Router and my phone is connected to the ooma. I have a mac laptop that I am using with WiFi only. The sound quality and everything else is great but I am getting dropped calls at least once and up to 4 times per call. VERY annoying, thanks for any help.

To stop MAC address Spoofing, which can cause dropped calls and garbled voice conversation, do the following:
If your connection is Modem/Router-Ooma, temporarily connect a network cable from your Ooma device home port, to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if turned on. Reboot the computer. Access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet, go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and change setting from Automatic to Use Built In. Click on Update device. Remove power from your Modem, your Router and Ooma Device. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting repower your Router. When the Router is done booting, repower your Ooma device. Then test.