This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#91937 by WJBertrand
Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:54 pm
Seems limited to voice mail. After receiving the message, very chopped up, I can talk to the caller immediately and the call sounds fine. This just started happening a couple of days ago.
#91941 by thunderbird
Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:01 pm
WJBertrand wrote:Seems limited to voice mail. After receiving the message, very chopped up, I can talk to the caller immediately and the call sounds fine. This just started happening a couple of days ago.

I had the same problem you describe a couple of days ago. Every voicemail message was garbled and had robotic sounds.

I don't know if this will help you, but what I did was to remove power from my Ooma Telo for one hour and after repowering my Ooma Telo, my mail messages cleared up.
#91953 by WJBertrand
Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:48 pm
thunderbird wrote:
WJBertrand wrote:Seems limited to voice mail. After receiving the message, very chopped up, I can talk to the caller immediately and the call sounds fine. This just started happening a couple of days ago.

I had the same problem you describe a couple of days ago. Every voicemail message was garbled and had robotic sounds.

I don't know if this will help you, but what I did was to remove power from my Ooma Telo for one hour and after repowering my Ooma Telo, my mail messages cleared up.

Ahh, the old microsoft fix eh? Good for whatever ails you! I'll try it but wifey is on the phone at the moment.
#92110 by WJBertrand
Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:06 pm
Update: Unplugged the Telo for about 45 minutes and the choppy voice mail problem seems to have been fixed, at least for now. Thanks.
#92370 by WJBertrand
Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:14 am
Update, I think what I am noticing is that the choppy voice messages are coming from only certain numbers, cell phones maybe? Some VMs are smooth and of high sound quality while other are somewhat broken up. I tried the unplug it for 30 minutes trick but I don't think any improvment was realized.