This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#91848 by thunderbird
Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:23 pm
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13193#p91846

Post your comments about Ooma Telo Firmware Update 52474 here.

Dial *#*#001 (Speak the version of software) using one of your phones connected to your Ooma Telo, to hear the current version of software installed on your Ooma Telo. Audio comes out of the Ooma Telo's speaker.
Last edited by thunderbird on Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#91903 by Engineer5
Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:20 am
I just checked my code and it's 50832. How do I update to the newer firmware?

I'm came to the forums yesterday because starting four days ago my call quality is so bad I can't use it anymore. The calls keep cutting out and have a horrible metallic sound to them. Will this firmware update help? I'll continue to read through the other posts.
#91938 by Sportzcoop
Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:56 pm
I have been having major issues recently. I checked and now have the latest firmware. I can get an Ooma dial tone but it takes several moments for calls to go through or they simply never connect to anything. If I am lucky enough to get a call to go through it is very choppy and often disconnects. Is there a procedure for going backwards?
#91940 by thunderbird
Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:57 pm
Sportzcoop wrote:I have been having major issues recently. I checked and now have the latest firmware. I can get an Ooma dial tone but it takes several moments for calls to go through or they simply never connect to anything. If I am lucky enough to get a call to go through it is very choppy and often disconnects. Is there a procedure for going backwards?

I have been having some of the same problems you are having.

A couple of suggestions:
If you haven't done this already, go into My Ooma and enable the ten digit calling: https://my.ooma.com/system .

Also when entering a number in your phone, at the end of the number string, add a pound (#) sign. This will speed the time between dialing and ringing the dialed number.
Last edited by thunderbird on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
#91956 by markcm
Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:30 pm
I just got my first ooma product, it was a used Telo that I had re-activated. I'm assuming it updated when I plugged it in becuase it has 52474 on it.

So far I am having a nightmare with ticking noise on the remote end when the caller is on a cell phone; it does not happen on land lines. I have stripped everything off and only have the telo infront of a Terayon Tj715x modem. I even initiated a conference call with a land line and a cell, the cell was ticking loud yet the telo and landline were clear.
#92066 by vasqued2
Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:32 am
I came home Friday to a blinking red Ooma symbol. On Sunday morning I woke up to the same thing.

I have my Ooma between between the cable modem and the router. I pulled it out of the loop and everything worked. I left the Ooma unpowered for a minute or so (I had done a short reboot previously and it didn't make a difference), reconnected as originally set up and everything is working again.

My first thought was I was getting stuck on the firmware upgrade but when checking the firmware version, it says I'm on 52474. I've been stable for months prior to Friday.

Wondering if anyone else is having stability problems after the upgrade.
#92068 by Sportzcoop
Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:29 am
vasqued2 wrote:I came home Friday to a blinking red Ooma symbol. On Sunday morning I woke up to the same thing.

I have my Ooma between between the cable modem and the router. I pulled it out of the loop and everything worked. I left the Ooma unpowered for a minute or so (I had done a short reboot previously and it didn't make a difference), reconnected as originally set up and everything is working again.

My first thought was I was getting stuck on the firmware upgrade but when checking the firmware version, it says I'm on 52474. I've been stable for months prior to Friday.

Wondering if anyone else is having stability problems after the upgrade.

Yes, I'm definitely having similar issues. And as an FYI to the previous poster, I enabled ten digit dialing but it had no positive or negative effect.