This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#91572 by bryanlyle
Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:02 pm
So today, Ooma's online chat representative told me that the volume button on the telo also controlled the outgoing volume of phone calls. Anyone heard about this "feature"? I didn't want to call them out on it, but I don't remember reading that anywhere.
#91575 by thunderbird
Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:05 pm
bryanlyle wrote:So today, Ooma's online chat representative told me that the volume button on the telo also controlled the outgoing volume of phone calls. Anyone heard about this "feature"? I didn't want to call them out on it, but I don't remember reading that anywhere.

Ooma's online chat representative probably meant to say the volume control on the phone you are using connected to the Ooma Telo. For most phones, the phone's volume button will control both the transmit and receive volume.
#91576 by highq
Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:04 pm
thunderbird wrote:
bryanlyle wrote:So today, Ooma's online chat representative told me that the volume button on the telo also controlled the outgoing volume of phone calls. Anyone heard about this "feature"? I didn't want to call them out on it, but I don't remember reading that anywhere.

Ooma's online chat representative probably meant to say the volume control on the phone you are using connected to the Ooma Telo. For most phones, the phone's volume button will control both the transmit and receive volume.

What inductive process leads you to make such a surmisal of what the representative had in mind?
#91577 by bryanlyle
Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:30 pm
They were definitely talking about the volume button on the Telo unit. I asked them twice.

I've been with Ooma for almost 3 years and had some issues at first, but it has since settled down.

I recently installed a Telo unit at my parents house and it's been an adventure. I fear that their patience is wearing thin and I will have to look elsewhere for them.
#91578 by lbmofo
Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:24 pm
bryanlyle wrote:I recently installed a Telo unit at my parents house and it's been an adventure. I fear that their patience is wearing thin and I will have to look elsewhere for them.

What's going on with your parents' Telo?
#91583 by bryanlyle
Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:07 pm
Biggest issue is call routing to a couple of numbers. I know what has to be done but going through the normal support channels is frustrating. Their suggestion was to dial *98 or *99 before calling those numbers. That's not a solution in my parents eyes.

I've reached out to Dennis for some assistance.

Their caller id name is wrong most of the time, but we had that same issue when we first switched. It eventually worked it's way out.
#92421 by nn5i
Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:32 pm
highq wrote:
thunderbird wrote:

What inductive process leads you to make such a surmisal of what the representative had in mind?

Bravo, Highq. Great minds think alike. I wondered the same thing. Also, I'm profoundly doubtful about the statement that, "for most phones, the phone's volume button will control both the transmit and receive volume." Never saw one work that way, but then I haven't seen'em all.