This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#91363 by MoopMeep
Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:12 pm
recently I have noticed that calls to japan have stopped working for me.

I have tried calling Osaka and Tokyo. I get the message about having xx minutes left on my account. I get the normal US ring and then I get this funny beeping noise but the call never completes.

Anyone having similar problems?

Any way to have ooma default to a different international carrier?
#91365 by thunderbird
Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:49 pm
MoopMeep wrote:recently I have noticed that calls to japan have stopped working for me.

I have tried calling Osaka and Tokyo. I get the message about having xx minutes left on my account. I get the normal US ring and then I get this funny beeping noise but the call never completes.

Anyone having similar problems?

Any way to have ooma default to a different international carrier?

My wife calls China quite often and if she waits just a little longer, after getting the results that you described, the call usually still goes through.

But it is best if you:
Contact Ooma Customer Support with your problem. Cut and past from your My Ooma Call Log, https://my.ooma.com/call_logs , the calls that failed to go through, into an E-mail to Ooma. Ooma likes very recent call information, so maybe its best that you try to make some Japan calls, cut and paste the failed call information, and send to Ooma.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#91554 by King
Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:09 am
MoopMeep,
You posted your comment on 01/01/12.
If your call to Japan had been on New Years' date (late12/31 to early 01/01 Japan time), you could have had hard time getting through.
The volume of "A Happy New Year, calls" are so heavy (maybe your call was also to say a Happy New Year :D ), even land line within Japan had 30% fail rate on those hours.

I just called two cities in Japan today, and had no problem.