This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#91060 by The Picard
Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:56 pm
I believe this problem started a week or so back. Almost all incoming calls get what sounds like fax or modem tones. They are very loud and high pitched and make the call impossible to complete. In fact, you typically can't hear the other end of the call at all. Occasionally, calls will connect properly, however, it seems that the vast majority are experiencing this problem. I've power cycled the phone multiple times and even did a factory reset a day or two back. Nothing has changed. This is driving me nuts. I don't have a fax machine or computer modem connected to any phone. I do have an alarm system that has it's own voip module, however, this has been functioning perfectly for the past year.
#91065 by thunderbird
Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:35 pm
The Picard wrote:I believe this problem started a week or so back. Almost all incoming calls get what sounds like fax or modem tones. They are very loud and high pitched and make the call impossible to complete. In fact, you typically can't hear the other end of the call at all. Occasionally, calls will connect properly, however, it seems that the vast majority are experiencing this problem. I've power cycled the phone multiple times and even did a factory reset a day or two back. Nothing has changed. This is driving me nuts. I don't have a fax machine or computer modem connected to any phone. I do have an alarm system that has it's own voip module, however, this has been functioning perfectly for the past year.

For testing, connect only a Corded phone, that is different from the phone(s) you are using now, to your Ooma device's Phone port, with all other phones and devices disconnected from the Ooma devices Phone port. Make sure, if you normally use a Cordless phone, that the Cordless phone, (all Cordless phone Bases in the house) has power removed. Again, it is very important to have any Cordless phone bases in the house power removed. Test making calls and receiving calls with the corded phone.