This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#90811 by thunderbird
Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:57 am
actonweber wrote:T'BIrd - I failed to mention that those same people on our ISP that we can NOT call have no trouble calling us. Does this change the solution?

No it doesn't change the solution, but it may make it more difficult because you don't have someone that can't reach you, contact the other phone provider. You will have to call the other phone provider yourself.
actonweber wrote:And I have exported my call log and emailed it to support, per your first recommendation. Thanks!

It is very important that you mention this to Ooma Customer Support, if you haven't already.
actonweber wrote:"How do I get this problem to the "super tier"??"

You have to request that your issue is escalated to Ooma Customer Support level 2 or level 3. The initial level is level 1.
#90812 by Bobby B
Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:06 am
I looked at one of your problem calls and I think it's a routing problem. I've asked our support team to escalate your case with one of the upstream carriers.

actonweber wrote:We started experiencing our first serious OOMA problems two days ago after five months of good service. Calling a local, landline (using 7 or 10 digits makes no difference) results in dead air for 30-40 seconds and occasionally a busy signal at the end of that time.
#90817 by roadshow
Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:46 pm
Hang in there actonweber. My parents had similar problems withe their OOMA about a year ago. They were ready to dump OOMA too. Since the problems have been resolved they have been extremely happy, and trust me, they are tough customers. They are now OOMA cheerleaders and haved saved hundreds of dollars. I hope it all goes well.
#90826 by rmeden
Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:41 pm
Keep in mind that with Ooma there is no such thing as a "local" call. "local" is really where Ooma's switch(s) are and then only if they connect to the local tandem.

I don't know how Ooma routes their calls, but this sounds to me like a call routing problem. Getting the call detail to Ooma support should allow them to trace the trunks/vendors the call routes to. The fact that you've isolated this to a single company should makes things easier.

Robert
(I work for a company that creates software for telephone call routing, but I have no specific knowledge of Ooma's setup)
#90840 by Bobby B
Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:53 am
We've worked with one of our carrier partners to create a routing change and they believe they've fixed the problem. Can you re-try your calls and check if you're hearing ringback and that they're connecting OK?

Bobby B wrote:I looked at one of your problem calls and I think it's a routing problem. I've asked our support team to escalate your case with one of the upstream carriers.