This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#90403 by MacGyver
Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:56 am
I have a weird problem when I try to call a radio station contest line. Usually the line is busy, as one would expect. But sometimes it will ring two or three times and then goes to busy signal. I'm not actually sure if I'm getting through or not.

I'm connected Cable Modem>Telo>Router.

Thanks.
#90406 by thunderbird
Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:39 am
MacGyver wrote:I have a weird problem when I try to call a radio station contest line. Usually the line is busy, as one would expect. But sometimes it will ring two or three times and then goes to busy signal. I'm not actually sure if I'm getting through or not.

I'm connected Cable Modem>Telo>Router.

Thanks.

If you are using an Ooma Hub, try dialing with a *99 before the radio station number.
If you are usign an Ooma Telo, try dialing with a *98 or *96 before the radio station number.
Example: *98-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx
#90411 by thunderbird
Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:13 am
MacGyver wrote:OK, it just happened again. It rang 7 times, then went to busy signal. I'm thinking its going to busy when they answer.

What does *98 or *96 do?

*96 Use low-bandwidth codec (iLBC) for this phone call
*98 Use high-bandwidth codec (G711) for this phone call