This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#89457 by kaho
Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:06 am
A friend of mine recently switched to Comcast Uverse. Often time, when I called her, i heard either this message " the number you are calling is not in service" or a busy signal or nothing on my end but she could hear me on her end, and when it did go through, the quality was pretty bad: gurgle, echo... Does anyone have similar problems? Please help! Thanks.
#89459 by murphy
Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:31 am
Comcast Xfinity
AT&T Uverse
Which is it? There is no such thing as "Comcast Uverse".
#89465 by thunderbird
Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:36 am
kaho wrote:A friend of mine recently switched to Comcast Uverse. Often time, when I called her, i heard either this message " the number you are calling is not in service" or a busy signal or nothing on my end but she could hear me on her end, and when it did go through, the quality was pretty bad: gurgle, echo... Does anyone have similar problems? Please help! Thanks.

If you are using an Ooma Telo, try calling with the prefix *98 or *96. Example: *98-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx

Also contact Ooma Customer Support and let them know what's happening. Provide the Number that you are calling, the Date and Time of the call.
When I do this, I go to the My Ooma Call logs and just cut and paste it in an E-mail to Ooma Customer Support.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#89550 by kaho
Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:53 pm
If you are using an Ooma Telo, try calling with the prefix *98 or *96. Example: *98-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx

Nope. It doesn't work. I can receive her incoming call though.
Thanks,
#89551 by thunderbird
Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:21 pm
kaho wrote:

Nope. It doesn't work. I can receive her incoming call though.
Thanks,

Some times this helps:
Power off the Ooma device for 20 minutes. This allows time for the Ooma servers to reload/reset/correct your Ooma profile. Then repower the Ooma device and test.

Today I tried to call a number and got the same result as you. I did the twenty minute Ooma Telo power off procedure and it didn't help. But then after that I did the *98 prefix and that worked. Maybe they both have to be done to help? I did it only one time, and after that my calls went through normally.
#89553 by kaho
Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:34 pm
Some times this helps:
Power off the Ooma device for 20 minutes. This allows time for the Ooma servers to reload/reset/correct your Ooma profile. Then repower the Ooma device and test.

Today I tried to call a number and got the same result as you. I did the twenty minute Ooma Telo power off procedure and it didn't help. But then after that I did the *98 prefix and that worked. Maybe they both have to be done to help? I did it only one time, and after that my calls went through normally.

Actually i did the reset for 20 min at 3:25 AM today, as I read your suggestion to another poster. It did not help. I will email customer support tonight. Thanks Thunderbird for your help.
#89763 by kaho
Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:10 pm
My problem is solved!!! Thanks to the excellent and responsive Ooma customer support and thanks to you Thunderbird for your advise to call customer support. :D :D :D