This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#89418 by jafriede
Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:49 am
Ooma Telo has been working fine for weeks now until today i heard someone leaving a voice mail but the phone never rang. I tried calling from my cell to test it and it worked fine. I tried it again an hour later and voicemail picked up immediately. I have a simple setup. DSL, no POTS phone service, home wiring isolated from NIC. Any ideas?
#89419 by thunderbird
Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:08 am
jafriede wrote:Ooma Telo has been working fine for weeks now until today i heard someone leaving a voice mail but the phone never rang. I tried calling from my cell to test it and it worked fine. I tried it again an hour later and voicemail picked up immediately. I have a simple setup. DSL, no POTS phone service, home wiring isolated from NIC. Any ideas?

On the face of the Ooma Telo is an Envelope button (Do not disturb button). Press the Envelope button until it turns yellow. Press it again until it turns blue. Test calling your Ooma number with your cellphone.
#89435 by jafriede
Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:02 pm
thunderbird wrote:
jafriede wrote:Ooma Telo has been working fine for weeks now until today i heard someone leaving a voice mail but the phone never rang. I tried calling from my cell to test it and it worked fine. I tried it again an hour later and voicemail picked up immediately. I have a simple setup. DSL, no POTS phone service, home wiring isolated from NIC. Any ideas?

On the face of the Ooma Telo is an Envelope button (Do not disturb button). Press the Envelope button until it turns yellow. Press it again until it turns blue. Test calling your Ooma number with your cellphone.

I left town today and will be back Sunday to try your suggestion, but I wanted to clarify. This seems to intermittent. Is there a known bug in the telo that can cause this?
#89437 by thunderbird
Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:22 pm
jafriede wrote:
thunderbird wrote:

I left town today and will be back Sunday to try your suggestion, but I wanted to clarify. This seems to intermittent. Is there a known bug in the telo that can cause this?

Some people say that just dusting or accidentally touching the the surface of the Ooma Telo, in the area of the Envelope button, will change the Envelope "do not disburb" button state to send messages to voicemail.
I haven't heard of a "bug", but there may be one.
#89574 by craftsman
Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:09 am
I'm having the same problem. And I've had a lot of problems like this lately. I'm getting tired of calling OOMA support and having to jump through all the hoops. Each time starting by taking speed tests and looking at the QOS, then the router setup etc. I'm finding each time I call tech support I'm stuck on the phone for a long time doing the same things over and over.
#89585 by thunderbird
Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:57 pm
craftsman wrote:I'm having the same problem. And I've had a lot of problems like this lately. I'm getting tired of calling OOMA support and having to jump through all the hoops. Each time starting by taking speed tests and looking at the QOS, then the router setup etc. I'm finding each time I call tech support I'm stuck on the phone for a long time doing the same things over and over.

Using Built In MAC address may help with this problem also.

Please report back if it helps or don't help.
Last edited by thunderbird on Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#89814 by OomaGirl
Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:36 am
craftsman wrote:I'm having the same problem. And I've had a lot of problems like this lately. I'm getting tired of calling OOMA support and having to jump through all the hoops. Each time starting by taking speed tests and looking at the QOS, then the router setup etc. I'm finding each time I call tech support I'm stuck on the phone for a long time doing the same things over and over.

Totally agree. It's an intermittent problem and not because of us having wrong settings. We get it, we get it, QOS and speed tests and rebooting and dialing * codes. Though I haven't had the time to try phone support, I just know it will frustrate me and take too much time.
#90350 by xdcx11
Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:44 am
I also have this happen but it occurs only from certain numbers. They call me and go straight to voicemail. If I look in my ooma call log the call is not even listed as an incoming missed call.
#90353 by murphy
Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:18 pm
xdcx11 wrote:I also have this happen but it occurs only from certain numbers. They call me and go straight to voicemail. If I look in my ooma call log the call is not even listed as an incoming missed call.

Do you have "Enable anonymous call block" checked?
#90355 by lbmofo
Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:30 pm
murphy wrote:
xdcx11 wrote:I also have this happen but it occurs only from certain numbers. They call me and go straight to voicemail. If I look in my ooma call log the call is not even listed as an incoming missed call.

Do you have "Enable anonymous call block" checked?

Either that or the numbers are in your blacklist and blacklist is set to send to voicemail.