This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#88393 by thunderbird
Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:20 pm
lbmofo wrote:
WayneDsr wrote:Not sure about your theory. I've had an ooma hub since 2009 and always had land line quality over all. Eventually bought a Telo and had a few issues with the quality as they progressed. Right now the Telo quality is as good if not better than the hub.

Wayne

I am of the same situation so somewhat puzzled with the Mr Roboto topic.

I was also surprised to hear FX4 say that has Robotic voice was back, since everyone else using advanced release of firmware version 49977 or later, who have commented, have commented that their Robotic voice problems were gone.

From what I've read in FX4's forum treads, FX4 doesn’t have a "conventional LAN setup" and the extra equipment/adjustments he has made may be what is causing his Robotic Voice problems???

I guess we will just have to wait and see if anyone else using advanced release firmware version 49977 or later, report Robotic voice problems.
#88404 by joe123
Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:38 pm
I should add that even though I am a newbie Ooma user, the Ooma voice quality has been excellent so far. Knock on wood. :!:
#88453 by sailcat25
Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:51 pm
I had issues at first - purchased Ooma in Nov. 2010. Some, I believe, were with Ooma. Most were with my ISP. It was work getting that resolved but I persisted. Modem was outdated/bad. All good since. Moved to new address and got Ooma up and running today. No problemo. It just works.

Dan
#88476 by FX4
Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:03 pm
I don't know what the deal is either. I have a fairly particular ear, I worked in telecommunications and the broadcast industry for quite a few years so my ear is kind of trained to hear problems with codecs. That being said, I also use Skype which is kind of notorious for call quality issues and my Skype calls are currently better than Ooma as far as audio quality goes.