This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#7039 by jlc226
Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:01 pm
I've noticed that our caller id works most of the time. Any ideas as to why it's not working all the time. Just curious!
#12081 by iSEPIC
Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:50 pm
jlc226 wrote:I've noticed that our caller id works most of the time. Any ideas as to why it's not working all the time. Just curious!

Just a small checklist...

1. you shouldn't hear any static, I've noticed on occasion I've heard static on my ooma dial tone, and when I do, the caller ID did not come though. Interesting to hear static, as this is supposed to be digital, however, this may have something to do with my phone itself.

2. Make sure you're not answering the phone too quickly, the caller ID is sent between the first and second ring.
#12084 by niknak
Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:16 pm
...Interesting to hear static, as this is supposed to be digital, however, this may have something to do with my phone itself.

Static noise usually indicates poor wiring connections or dirty contacts on your RJ11 jack
#12091 by jlc226
Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:45 am
No static, and the caller id would not show up by the 4th ring (when the voicemail picks up). However, since I posted this question it seems to have cleared up on its own.