This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#88146 by Shawn
Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:34 am
I don't know this problem has been reported under other description or not. This happened to me last night. About 20 minutes into a conversation, the incoming sound became just like a badly out of tune (frequency) am radio station. It was completely inaudible for almost a minute before it went away. I normally have acceptable sound qualify from my Telo.
#88150 by thunderbird
Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:24 am
Shawn wrote:I don't know this problem has been reported under other description or not. This happened to me last night. About 20 minutes into a conversation, the incoming sound became just like a badly out of tune (frequency) am radio station. It was completely inaudible for almost a minute before it went away. I normally have acceptable sound qualify from my Telo.

It's called the Robotic Sounds, or nicknamed Mr Roboto.

I believe Ooma is very close ot having a fix for this problem.

Ooma says that packets are traveling or arrive out of order, but on the Internet side.

Using the following has helped some people for outbound calls:
If you have an Ooma Hub, dial *99 before your call.
If you have an Ooma Telo, dial, *98 or *96 before your call.

Removing power from the Ooma device for 20 or 30 minutes, then repowering the Ooma device has helped some people, at least temporarily.

Also accessing Ooma Setup and setting Advanced page Quality of Service Upstream and Downstream Internet speeds to approximately 90% of the measured Upload and Download speed as meausred by http://www.speedtest.net/ , has helped some people.