This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#88000 by FX4
Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:12 pm
Well I have a new problem, all of the sudden I'm having a problem calling my doctor's office. One attempt just ends up with no ring back, another attempt it rings back and then drops to circuit busy, another attempt the calls gets through but is broken up so bad I can barely make out what is being said to me. A test with my cell phone shows that my doctor's office phone is working fine. I made several calls to other numbers they all worked well including my dentist's office which should be going to the same exchange. Something is broke.
#88001 by thunderbird
Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:32 pm
FX4 wrote:Well I have a new problem, all of the sudden I'm having a problem calling my doctor's office. One attempt just ends up with no ring back, another attempt it rings back and then drops to circuit busy, another attempt the calls gets through but is broken up so bad I can barely make out what is being said to me. A test with my cell phone shows that my doctor's office phone is working fine. I made several calls to other numbers they all worked well including my dentist's office which should be going to the same exchange. Something is broke.

The work-around is to dial:
If you have an Ooma Hub dial *99, before dialing the number.
If you have an Ooma Telo dial *82, *98 or *96 before dialing number.
Example: *98-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx

Be sure to report your problem to Ooma Customer Support.
#88048 by FX4
Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:18 am
*99 does not solve the problem. I spent about 45 minutes with technical support yesterday and they think it's a routing problem. It's been escalated to level 3 or engineering.