This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#87478 by gorr1
Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:29 pm
I have an intermittent problem with hearing an "echo" on my phone during calls. It doesn't seem to make any difference if the call originated from one of my home phone sets or if it was an incoming call that was answered. It is very annoying. Any thoughts on how to correct this problem are appreciated.
#87480 by thunderbird
Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:09 pm
gorr1 wrote:I have an intermittent problem with hearing an "echo" on my phone during calls. It doesn't seem to make any difference if the call originated from one of my home phone sets or if it was an incoming call that was answered. It is very annoying. Any thoughts on how to correct this problem are appreciated.

Echo usually comes from the phone.

If the other person is hearing echo when you are speaking, sometimes all you have to do is slightly turn down your phone's audio volume.

Sometimes un-powering and repowering the Ooma device will stop the echo.

If you are hearing echo when the other person is talking, then request that they slightly turn down their phone’s audio volume.

Sometimes you have to get better phones to stop echo, preferably DECT 6 phones.

You could test using a corded phone. If you test using a corded phone, temporarily connect only the corded phone to the Ooma device Phone port. Also you must REMOVE POWER from the cordless phone base for the duration of the test. Remove power from the Modem and Ooma device, repower the Modem. Then when the Modem is done booting, repower the Ooma device, then test.