This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#87413 by hardwaremonkey
Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:13 pm
My phone is sounding much more robotic lately. My bandwidth settings are well below the actual bandwidth available (I work for the ISP, so this statement is accurate). Bandwidth tests on the Ooma Telo are registering quite low, and as I look at the network bandwidth consumption, there is a bunch of headroom.

Only thing I can see is that the firmware seems quite old. It reads version 47785. I have read that I cannot force an upgrade. Is this true? If so, how can I get them to update my Telo???
#87416 by thunderbird
Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:29 pm
hardwaremonkey wrote:My phone is sounding much more robotic lately. My bandwidth settings are well below the actual bandwidth available (I work for the ISP, so this statement is accurate). Bandwidth tests on the Ooma Telo are registering quite low, and as I look at the network bandwidth consumption, there is a bunch of headroom.

The information that I have from Ooma is that Ooma suggests that you have a minimum of 385 kbs download and 265 kbs upload.
hardwaremonkey wrote:Only thing I can see is that the firmware seems quite old. It reads version 47785. I have read that I cannot force an upgrade. Is this true? If so, how can I get them to update my Telo???

Ooma Telo Firmware Update 49339 was started to be "pushed" to the Ooma Telo customers this week. No you can't force an upgrade. You have to wait your turn. It usually takes about two weeks for Ooma to push the firmware update to all Ooma Telo customers.
#87424 by DTR
Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:28 am
My unit is on the firmware build 47785 and I have the same problems, NOTHING on my end changes it either. I have read these boards and read these boards, then tried all of it and can never make it go away! The two support tickets opened with Tech Support have gone unanswered (completey no response unlike what they promised).

I think they have had a turn over of coders or somethiing..... I read this board and see where folks had great service for years and now have problems they can't fix. Early reports in another thread suggest the newer firmware is worse!!!! So whats the deal.....? The writing seems to be on the wall all over this forum, yet there doesn't seem to be any action on the surface, nor an announcement or aknowledgement of our cries for help!!!

They must be out of money or something!!! The service is probably going to go belly up. I've worked in the Communications Industry for several decades for a company that has this big M in front of it, and this lack of action towords the correct direction sure seems like a sign!!!

I shouldn't have bought Premier service, and just tried the free one first!! I guess we live and learn!!
#87788 by hardwaremonkey
Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:17 am
thunderbird wrote:The information that I have from Ooma is that Ooma suggests that you have a minimum of 385 kbs download and 265 kbs upload.

This is definitely not the problem then. I have far more than that dedicated to the connection - 3Mbit with 75% down and 25% up.
#87789 by hardwaremonkey
Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:19 am
DTR wrote:My unit is on the firmware build 47785 and I have the same problems, NOTHING on my end changes it either. I have read these boards and read these boards, then tried all of it and can never make it go away! The two support tickets opened with Tech Support have gone unanswered (completey no response unlike what they promised).

I think they have had a turn over of coders or somethiing..... I read this board and see where folks had great service for years and now have problems they can't fix. Early reports in another thread suggest the newer firmware is worse!!!! So whats the deal.....? The writing seems to be on the wall all over this forum, yet there doesn't seem to be any action on the surface, nor an announcement or aknowledgement of our cries for help!!! They must be out of money or something!!!

My service has dramatically gone downhill the past month. Prior to that, I NEVER had an issue. NEVER.
#87793 by thunderbird
Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:46 am
Power off the Ooma device for 20 minutes. This allows time for the Ooma servers to reload/reset your Ooma profile. Then repower the Ooma device and test.
#87800 by DTR
Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:04 pm
So the device doesn't reboot after the firmware upgrade????? How can it do that and not require a reboot to come up and run on the new firmware build?

I'll try it anyway. Thx