This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#88155 by browwi
Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:19 am
I am a fairly new Ooma user (1 month) and have had 49339 since the start. I have not been happy since the beginning.
Voice quality is quite poor (esp. from cell phone calls). Ooma seem to have significant internal delays (e.g. picking up a call takes 2-3 seconds longer with Telo than with plugged-in conventional phone; requesting a service (e.g. "menu") has a 1-2 second delay). I haven't given up yet!
#88230 by FX4
Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:36 pm
Yeah, 49339 wasn't that good. They have a new version they seem to be testing on my telo and perhaps others. It seems to fix the mechanical sound but there is still voice clipping. I let them know via my support ticket. They are working on the issue.
#88849 by lavulavu88
Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:42 pm
Firmware 49339 definitely contributes to the disabling of the bluetooth adapter. Mine was working fine before the update. Followed suggestion from this thread and contacted CS. Followed their instruction to debug the adapter. Everything was fine. The final solution was to push a new version of firmware, 50603. My BTA is back to operational now. Thank OOMA CS for fixing it, but also thank for not breaking anything else.... keep my fingers crossed.