This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#84989 by maria5131
Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:34 am
New to Ooma. I have initiated 2 calls and on both only I could hear the DTMF tones.
Anyone have any idea why this is happening and how to fix it?

Maria
#84993 by Leeway
Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:30 am
Hi Maria and welcome aboard !!

"You" are the only person that will hear your DTMF tones.

If you do a search in the forums, you'll see a lot of things you might try and reasons for the tones. One of the reasons includes voice tone itself. I can verify that one because one of my best friends has a distinctive voice and she sets them off constantly. I can talk to other friends and never hear them at all.

Use the search box and you will see much discussion on this. I'm sure some of these helpful folks will be here shortly to help if they can.

Enjoy your Ooma, Donna
#87191 by maria5131
Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:50 pm
Thank you Donna...I will take that into consideration. Never heard of voice flux causing DTMF tones, but one never knows.

Maria
#87194 by thunderbird
Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:13 pm
maria5131 wrote:Thank you Donna...I will take that into consideration. Never heard of voice flux causing DTMF tones, but one never knows.

Maria

Usually just a certain person's voice will set off the DTMF (Key Pad tone noise) tones. Sometimes just by sightly lowering your phone audio volume and have the other person lower their phone audio volume slightly, it will help.