This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#84735 by Morac
Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:28 pm
I found a topic about other people hearing DTMF tones when someone is using Ooma, but I'm having the opposite problem and only with certain people.

Whenever my parents call me (either on their cell phones (AT&T) or from their home phones (Verizon FIOS)), around every 10 minutes or so I hear the 7 and 9 keypad tones in quick succession. They can't hear this and they aren't hitting the keys.

It pretty much happens consistently when they call and we talk for a while. I don't know when this started exactly, maybe a month or two ago. I never used to hear it.

I don't hear it on all calls though, for example I spoke to a customer support again from Apple for 3 hours the other day and didn't hear it once.

Any ideas what's going on?
#84737 by thunderbird
Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:56 pm
Morac wrote:I found a topic about other people hearing DTMF tones when someone is using Ooma, but I'm having the opposite problem and only with certain people.

Whenever my parents call me (either on their cell phones (AT&T) or from their home phones (Verizon FIOS)), around every 10 minutes or so I hear the 7 and 9 keypad tones in quick succession. They can't hear this and they aren't hitting the keys.

It pretty much happens consistently when they call and we talk for a while. I don't know when this started exactly, maybe a month or two ago. I never used to hear it.

I don't hear it on all calls though, for example I spoke to a customer support again from Apple for 3 hours the other day and didn't hear it once.

Any ideas what's going on?

If they can't hear that means it probably is their voice that is generating the FTMF tones.

Did you try any of the suggestions in the other post?

One thing that sometimes helps is to turn your phone volume down slightly, and also have the person on ther other end of the call, turn their phone volume down slightly also.

Most important is to contact Ooma Customer Support and let them know about this problem.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST