This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#84489 by paul4ut
Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:25 am
From home (where we have Ooma), we place a call...it rings...I hear the person answer, but they cannot hear me.

Also, incoming calls ring, but then when we pick up the handset to answer, all is quiet.

Obviously, I have done something wrong with the setup. What do I look for?

My set up: Ooma is powered up and plugged into the cable modem. The Ooma unit is plugged in to the wall's phone plug (there is no telephone handset plugged into the Ooma unit). Elsewhere in the house, we have three wireless handsets plugged into wall telephone jacks, and one wire-handset plugged into a wall jack. They all behave the same: Calls are successfully dialed, but people on the receiving end cannot hear us, and when calls come in, they ring, but all is quiet when calls are answered.

ONE MORE THING: The lights on the Ooma appear normal...all are blue...none are flashing

Thanks
#84490 by thunderbird
Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:33 am
paul4ut wrote:My set up: Ooma is powered up and plugged into the cable modem. The Ooma unit is plugged in to the wall's phone plug (there is no telephone handset plugged into the Ooma unit). Elsewhere in the house, we have three wireless handsets plugged into wall telephone jacks, and one wire-handset plugged into a wall jack. They all behave the same: Calls are successfully dialed, but people on the receiving end cannot hear us, and when calls come in, they ring, but all is quiet when calls are answered.

Switch the phone line coming from the house phone wiring, from the Ooma Wall port to the Ooma Phone port and test.