This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#84049 by 9204wilson
Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:39 pm
Hi everybody,

I have an Ooma Telo. Mostly I am very happy with the service. But, I have noticed that sometimes, when I call a company, I get the receptionist. I then ask for the person I want to speak with. When I am transferred and the person answers their telephone, I am cut off. This does not happen every time. Maybe 1 out of 40 or 50 times. But, I make a fair amount of telemarketing calls for my business and it would be nice if I would never get cut off.

Any ideas as to why this happens?

Thanks,

Rob
#84076 by thunderbird
Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:02 am
9204wilson wrote:Hi everybody,

I have an Ooma Telo. Mostly I am very happy with the service. But, I have noticed that sometimes, when I call a company, I get the receptionist. I then ask for the person I want to speak with. When I am transferred and the person answers their telephone, I am cut off. This does not happen every time. Maybe 1 out of 40 or 50 times. But, I make a fair amount of telemarketing calls for my business and it would be nice if I would never get cut off.

Any ideas as to why this happens?

Thanks,

Rob

In Ooma Setup are you using Automatic MAC address or Use Built In MAC address? It sounds like you have a pretty good Ooma Setup already. But if you haven't already chnaged this setting, try using Built In MAC address.

To help stabilize your Ooma Internet connection:
If your Ooma device is connected Modem-Ooma-Router, access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet, go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and change setting from Automatic to Use Built In. Click on Update device. Reboot your Modem, when the Modem is done booting reboot your Ooma device.
***OR***
If your connection is Modem-Router-Ooma, temporarily connect a network cable from your Ooma device home port, to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if turned on. Reboot the computer. Access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet, go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and change setting from Automatic to Use Built In. Click on Update device. Reboot your Modem. When the Modem is done booting reboot your Router, when the Router is done booting, reboot your Ooma device.

Note: Reboot means remove power, then plug power back in for the device in the order listed above.