This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#83362 by dshafer85268
Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:40 am
Calls to Roseville Ca using SureWest DSL and digital phone service are not working. The remote end can hear us but we cannot hear them. This is on calls we place to them. If they call us, they hear ringing, their is no answer and no voicemail pickup. We do not hear the incoming call. No other problems that we are aware of. Local calls work, LD calls to other California numbers work.

Suggestions?

David Shafer
#83365 by thunderbird
Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:34 am
dshafer85268 wrote:Calls to Roseville Ca using SureWest DSL and digital phone service are not working. The remote end can hear us but we cannot hear them. This is on calls we place to them. If they call us, they hear ringing, their is no answer and no voicemail pickup. We do not hear the incoming call. No other problems that we are aware of. Local calls work, LD calls to other California numbers work.

Suggestions?

David Shafer

Some questions to help understand the problem.

You are using an Ooma Telo?

The calls to/from Roseville, Ca is just one phone number, or serveral phone numbers in Roseville, Ca?

The calls to/from Roseville, Ca is to another Digital phone service?

What is the phone service that is being called in Roseville, Ca?

How do you have your Ooma setup, Modem-Ooma-Router or Modem-Router-Ooma?

If your connection is Modem-Router-Ooma, what is the name and model number of your Router?
#83374 by dshafer85268
Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:30 am
I guess I did leave off some information.

Ooma Telo - activated for one week.
Calls to one phone number -my son's, so relatively important
The Roseville number is serviced by SureWest Phone Company, the remote line is DSL internet with Digital Phone.
Ooma setup is Cable Modem -> Ooma -> Router (router is in DMZ setup in Ooma)

thanks for being interested

David Shafer
#83376 by thunderbird
Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:09 am
dshafer85268:
Since it's just one number that you are having problems with, the new Ooma Phone number that you received from Ooma might have a problem.

You should have a second phone number from Ooma for the two month trial Ooma Premier period.
Try using that number and see if there is a difference.

If you don't have a second Ooma phone number setup, you can do it here https://my.ooma.com/dashboard#
Go down to Feature Setup, click on Setup more features, than click on Select a second phone number, and follow directions.

If your second phone number works okay, contact Ooma Customer Support to have your first phone number corrected or better yet if the first phone number doesn’t mean anything to you, have them replace it with your second phone number, if it works, than have them give you another second phone number. (Work it out what is best for your).

Even if the second phone number doesn't work, its probably still an Ooma problem, so contact them.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#90154 by mmn
Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:23 pm
Has this issue been resolved? I am having the same problem - the person on the other end can hear me, but I cannot - pure silence for minutes. I started having this problem after signing up for OOMA premier and getting the second line. Unfortunately mine is not trial - I already paid for a year!
#90161 by thunderbird
Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:50 pm
mmn wrote:Has this issue been resolved? I am having the same problem - the person on the other end can hear me, but I cannot - pure silence for minutes. I started having this problem after signing up for OOMA premier and getting the second line. Unfortunately mine is not trial - I already paid for a year!

For this problem it is an individual problem, which needs to be corrected by Ooma Customer Support. If you don't contact Ooma Customer Support, the problem may never be corrected.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PSTthunderbird