This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#83185 by lbmofo
Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:19 pm
lbmofo wrote:....Over a year with Ooma and it has been ultra reliable to me. Only 1 dropped call and a few "fax machine sound" when I called home (2nd try always worked when they happened; I've experienced this "fax machine sound" while calling other VoIP folks as well) and then the occasional "DTMF" sound while talking. That's all the problems I've had. Pretty darn good if you ask me.

Okay, folks with VoIP background....why does this fax sound happen (call log shows up as connected incoming call)?
Ooma rings once and the caller gets connected to "fax sound."
I've seen this with other VoIP services too.
#83190 by thunderbird
Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:20 am
lbmofo wrote:
lbmofo wrote:....Over a year with Ooma and it has been ultra reliable to me. Only 1 dropped call and a few "fax machine sound" when I called home (2nd try always worked when they happened; I've experienced this "fax machine sound" while calling other VoIP folks as well) and then the occasional "DTMF" sound while talking. That's all the problems I've had. Pretty darn good if you ask me.

Okay, folks with VoIP background....why does this fax sound happen (call log shows up as connected incoming call)?
Ooma rings once and the caller gets connected to "fax sound."
I've seen this with other VoIP services too.

Does this happen with both your Hub and Telo?
#83208 by lbmofo
Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:35 am
Haven't had it with Telo but I don't use it nearly as much as Hub. You think it might be an Asterisk thingy and doesn't happen with Freeswitch?
#83210 by tomcat
Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:27 am
Since the last update I get the DTMF sounds from time to time on my telo, but can't say that I have ever gotten the fax machine sound when calling the house nor has anyone calling me every mentioned it. As you suggested, could be something with Asterisk?!?!