This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#83398 by thunderbird
Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:51 pm
I think Hollywood is right.

Also the voice activated DTMF tones (Key Pad Tones) can be reduced, if you can slightly turn down the volume on your phone, and have the person on the other end sightly turn down the volume on their phone.
#95096 by kwaldrop
Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:26 pm
I have the same issue regardless of where I call from. Anytime that I call home I hear a touch tone sound when anyone at my house is speaking over Ooma. They can be on speakerphone or using a handset. This happens at least once during each call, no matter how long or short the call is. I am not sure why Ooma is confusing a human voice with a touch tone signal. Any help is appreciated.
#95098 by thunderbird
Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:08 pm
kwaldrop wrote:I have the same issue regardless of where I call from. Anytime that I call home I hear a touch tone sound when anyone at my house is speaking over Ooma. They can be on speakerphone or using a handset. This happens at least once during each call, no matter how long or short the call is. I am not sure why Ooma is confusing a human voice with a touch tone signal. Any help is appreciated.

In this case the audio volume of the phones, in your home, connected to the Ooma device, needs to be turned down slightly. In most cases this will help.
#95482 by agh1701
Wed May 02, 2012 5:53 pm
thunderbird wrote:
kwaldrop wrote:I have the same issue regardless of where I call from. Anytime that I call home I hear a touch tone sound when anyone at my house is speaking over Ooma. They can be on speakerphone or using a handset. This happens at least once during each call, no matter how long or short the call is. I am not sure why Ooma is confusing a human voice with a touch tone signal. Any help is appreciated.

In this case the audio volume of the phones, in your home, connected to the Ooma device, needs to be turned down slightly. In most cases this will help.

Not sure this is a valid solution. I have never seen a phone with a mic volume control. I am new to ooma (1 week) with firmware version 52474 and a new 2011 panasonic KX-TG7643 DECT 6.0. There is no mic volume control.

From the firmware release notes:
Remove code that may inject a digit press in response to speech of a certain frequency [10240]

Not sure this is fixed since I am hearing tones during conversations with my wife.
#95494 by thunderbird
Wed May 02, 2012 8:34 pm
agh1701 wrote:
thunderbird wrote:

Not sure this is a valid solution. I have never seen a phone with a mic volume control. I am new to ooma (1 week) with firmware version 52474 and a new 2011 panasonic KX-TG7643 DECT 6.0. There is no mic volume control.

From the firmware release notes:
Remove code that may inject a digit press in response to speech of a certain frequency [10240]

Not sure this is fixed since I am hearing tones during conversations with my wife.

All phones are designed with Sidetone, which is a small feedback signal between the earpiece and mike. This circuit is used so you can listen and know that your voice is going out over the line while you are talking. So controlling the earpiece volume, also controls the mike volume.