This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#83072 by afanasieff
Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:46 pm
We are hearing LOUD touchtones during some calls (maybe 1 or 2) once and awhile.

Does anyone have any suggests as OOMA support seems to be incapable of helping?
#83074 by lbmofo
Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:57 pm
How is your Ooma setup? Have you tested calls with a wired phone connected directly to your Ooma?
#83078 by afanasieff
Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:08 pm
INTERNET CONNECTION >>>>> OOMA >>>>>> LINKSYS E3000

MY QOS is setup to 784

I have 20 MBPS DOWNLOAD and 2 MBPS upload

NO JITTER to my local internet provider

LOUD Touchtones usually occurs with no-one using the internet and usally by the other party (I.E. NON-OOMA)

Thanks
Last edited by afanasieff on Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#83082 by afanasieff
Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:16 pm
Yes, directly to OOMA

NO LANDLINE just the portable which is wireless. We even hear them using the ooma TOY phone

I set the QOS based on the high quality answers that I get from OOMA support (ha ha).
#83083 by lbmofo
Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:23 pm
You probably called tech support using your Ooma, the measured value is invalid while Ooma is in use.

afanasieff wrote:JUNK phone we got from OOMA along with other high quality wireless phones

afanasieff wrote:We even hear them using the ooma TOY phone

Telo handset does have some short comings but I think you are being overly critical. The device does have a lot of technology packed in it; because it isn't mass produced like other DECT 6 phones, the price is pretty good considering.
#83084 by afanasieff
Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:45 pm
Well its is their phone or my phones its something in ooma land that is causing the issues with LOUD touchtones and annoying echo issues.

I didn't have any issues for the first 30 days of service and that last 30 days we have issues everyday.
#83397 by Hollywood
Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:44 pm
I get them at least once or twice when I talk to my mom. We both have ooma. She is hard of hearing and wears a hearing aid. I think she takes them out to talk on her amplified phone and she talks louder then an average person because she can't really hear herself. Often when I hear the "touch tone" is when she is talking loudly. I have another friend in Canada that (also has an ooma with a local number in the U.S.) was making something in the kitchen. When he used his blender he talked loudly to talk over it, also causing the "touch tone" to sound.

I think the problem is from when people talk louder then normal phone conversation level.