This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#83122 by thunderbird
Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:24 pm
ameneses54 wrote:I use an integrated router/modem width Uverse
Would this be considered behind your Modem/Router?

Yes. When you connect the Ooma device to one of the router's LAN ports, that's considered behind the Modem/Router.
Looking from the left to right, first is the Internet (WAN), then Modem, then Router, Then Ooma Device.
#83662 by ameneses54
Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:51 am
Unfortunately, calls still break up.
I have gone to the next step and entered 1000 Kbps more in up and downstream to see what happens.
I wanted to let you know that in the OOMA I use the "to internet" for the cable to go to my Uverse integrated router modem.
In the mean time any advice? I can't trust making calls with the unit as it is.
#83663 by thunderbird
Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:04 am
ameneses54 wrote:Unfortunately, calls still break up.
I have gone to the next step and entered 1000 Kbps more in up and downstream to see what happens.
I wanted to let you know that in the OOMA I use the "to internet" for the cable to go to my Uverse integrated router modem.
In the mean time any advice? I can't trust making calls with the unit as it is.

How is your Ooma phone service working with the 1000 Kbps setting?

What is the Brand Name and Model number of your Modem/Router?
#83664 by ameneses54
Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:12 am
Thanks for the reply.
The integrated Uverse unit is a 2wire and the only number I find that may be the model is "3801 HGV FLX
I'm still trying the new setting.

Arturo
#83666 by ameneses54
Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:04 am
Dear Sir,
I just called my ISP to try the new settings and they told me that the quality of the conference was"horrible" and that the connection was very erratic and :x had problems understanding me.
Please advise.
OOMA should warn customers of Uverse regarding this issue.
My setup:
- connected to the "to internet" of the Telo
-using "built in"
-1000 Kbps over rated speed in up and downstream.
:x

Arturo