This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#81903 by nn5i
Sun May 22, 2011 4:20 pm
Rita wrote:I have a Linksys Router – WRT54GS. I tried finding a "Signal page" put could not find anything.

I bought my router in 2007, and from an earlier post, someone said to just get a $30 router. Could someone recommend a specific model that they're using with Ooma around $30-$40.

Thanks!

You can't find such a page in the router because it isn't in the router. It's in the modem. The router doesn't have a clue about the SNR on the ISP's cable.

Browse to 192.168.100.1 to look at the modem. As Murphy mentioned, almost all modems respond to this address.

The WTR54GS, by the way (depending on version number, which is on the bottom just after the model number) is one of the most reliable routers ever built by anyone. The early versions (1-3) are more desirable because they have more memory and more features. If your router is version 1, the version number may not be labeled; the WRT54GS version 1 will have a serial number (also on a label on the bottom) that starts CGN0 or CGN1. CGN2=v1.1, CGN3=v2, CGN4=v2.1, CGN5=v3, and CGN6 or later has less memory.
#82018 by Rita
Mon May 23, 2011 6:36 pm
When it rains it pours. I turned my computer on, and Windows wouldn't start. I spent the first couple of hours reinstalling windows. I did pick up a new router NetGear N300 (Model WNR3500L). Comcast didn't come, because they couldn't call me--I can't get Ooma to work now.

The top 3 lights are blicking. I changed Ooma setup for my Wireless G Linysys. I'm not sure how to configure Ooma. Should I use Static IP configuration?
#82037 by thunderbird
Mon May 23, 2011 9:28 pm
Rita wrote:When it rains it pours. I turned my computer on, and Windows wouldn't start. I spent the first couple of hours reinstalling windows. I did pick up a new router NetGear N300 (Model WNR3500L). Comcast didn't come, because they couldn't call me--I can't get Ooma to work now.

The top 3 lights are blicking. I changed Ooma setup for my Wireless G Linysys. I'm not sure how to configure Ooma. Should I use Static IP configuration?

With your connection Modem-Router-Ooma:

Go into Ooma Setup and click on Internet. Behind Connection type: click on the down arrow and select Automatic. Reboot your Modem, than Router, than Ooma.

Thunderbird
#82045 by Rita
Tue May 24, 2011 3:26 am
Thanks! That worked--thrilled to be able to use my phone again after 24 hrs.