This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#81427 by nn5i
Sat May 14, 2011 6:22 pm
Rita wrote:Is there a way to reset the Ooma back to the factory defaults?

Rita, I have read that you can reset the Ooma back to factory defaults by plugging a phone directly into the PHONE jack and dialing *#*#099 on the telephone's dialing pad. That is, star-pound-star-pound-099. I have not tried this. I don't know whether it will work at all times, or only when there's a dial tone.
#81429 by lbmofo
Sat May 14, 2011 6:29 pm
Rita, I suppose you are having internet speed issues when you connect Modem->Ooma->Router->Computer?
Does your modem have a battery backup?
Maybe that's why Modem isn't power cycled properly? Check to see if your modem has batteries in it. If so, remove them when power cycling.
When you have it as Modem->Ooma->Router->Computer, power everything off. Then turn modem on, wait til it comes online, then Ooma, wait til it turns blue, then Router, then your computer. If everything is power cycled correctly, your internet speed shouldn't be affected by this configuration.
#81431 by Rita
Sat May 14, 2011 6:46 pm
I tried that and couldn't get an internet connection before (I haven't tried checking for batteries) but I know he changed the Ooma settings and said I wouldn't be able to recognize Ooma--I would put in 192.....105. Is there a way to reset the Ooma device (because I know he changed the default settings).
#81438 by Rita
Sun May 15, 2011 4:06 am
Maybe I'm not doing it correctly. I took my Ooma to our kitchen and plugged it in. I put the telephone line into the phone port and dialed *# sequence. It wasn't connected to Comcast or anything. I plugged it in and the top 3 buttons are flashing and get stuck there.

To reset, is Comcast suppose to be going into Internet.

I'm so discouraged, because now when I go from Comcast to my wireless G route to my computer (leaving Ooma out of the scenrio completely) I'm not able to get on internet.

A friend changed settings in my Ooma, but I can't get into my Ooma device.
#81439 by Rita
Sun May 15, 2011 4:31 am
I have Ooma plugged into my Wireless G and Ooma is plugged into Port 4. I just can't get into the setup with
"Setup.ooma.com" A friend helped me and made a change to the default settings--giving it a specific address. I try entering that and can't get on. I'm trying to reset it to the default and *#*#099 didn't work (unless I did that wrong).
#81441 by EA PA
Sun May 15, 2011 4:46 am
Rita wrote: I'm so discouraged, because now when I go from Comcast to my wireless G route to my computer (leaving Ooma out of the scenrio completely) I'm not able to get on internet.

Rita, you said you cannot access the internet. Can you access the internet directly from the modem?
#81442 by EA PA
Sun May 15, 2011 4:50 am
EA PA wrote:
Rita wrote: I'm so discouraged, because now when I go from Comcast to my wireless G route to my computer (leaving Ooma out of the scenrio completely) I'm not able to get on internet.

Rita, you said you cannot access the internet. Can you access the internet directly from the modem? I assume so since you are posting. Is this how you are setup now?
#81443 by Rita
Sun May 15, 2011 5:04 am
I have Dlink (comcast) going into my Wireless G Router. From Wireless Router I'm going into the Ooma. I wasn't able to get onto the internet so I went from DLink into my computer (no wireless or Ooma). I did get things working!!!!!!!

I just can get into my Ooma setup. Someone helped me and made the Ooma a fixed address. I try logging on with that address but nothing happens (was switched to "Port 4" 192.168.1.105). I try Setup.ooma.com but that doesn't work.
#81444 by EA PA
Sun May 15, 2011 5:15 am
Rita wrote:I have Dlink (comcast) going into my Wireless G Router. From Wireless Router I'm going into the Ooma. I wasn't able to get onto the internet so I went from DLink into my computer (no wireless or Ooma). I did get things working!!!!!!!

I just can get into my Ooma setup. Someone helped me and made the Ooma a fixed address. I try logging on with that address but nothing happens (was switched to "Port 4" 192.168.1.105). I try Setup.ooma.com but that doesn't work.

Great! Can you connect the modem ethernet directly to the "To Internet" connection on OOMA telo and connect PC ethernet to the Telo Home Network connector? Also, what is the model number of your modem?