This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#89051 by pfoneless
Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:57 am
Thank you, I though I was losing my mind. I have tried every setting in my Telo and cannot resolve the robotic voice issue. It doesn't happen every time, but does happen frequently. I am running on firmware version 49339. The problem has been much worse for the last couple of weeks. I haven't changed the settings on my device until this weekend. I dedicated a day this last weekend to figuring out how to resolve this issue. I was unsuccessful! It turns out that it probably isn't on my end. Frustrating, but hopefully resolved soon!! Please push a fix as quickly as possible.

I have 8MB down and .5MB up. I considered upgrading to a faster connection, but this worked very well with Vonage for several years. I hope this is fixed quickly. I love the price, but getting lots of complaints about the call quality and that our home phone isn't dependable!
#89052 by thunderbird
Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:06 am
pfoneless wrote:Thank you, I though I was losing my mind. I have tried every setting in my Telo and cannot resolve the robotic voice issue. It doesn't happen every time, but does happen frequently. I am running on firmware version 49339. The problem has been much worse for the last couple of weeks. I haven't changed the settings on my device until this weekend. I dedicated a day this last weekend to figuring out how to resolve this issue. I was unsuccessful! It turns out that it probably isn't on my end. Frustrating, but hopefully resolved soon!! Please push a fix as quickly as possible.

I have 8MB down and .5MB up. I considered upgrading to a faster connection, but this worked very well with Vonage for several years. I hope this is fixed quickly. I love the price, but getting lots of complaints about the call quality and that our home phone isn't dependable!

You probably have to contact Ooma Customer Support and ask for second level support to get the Advanced firmware "pushed" out to you sooner than when the regular update is pushed. Make sure you make them understand that you are having the Robotic Voice issue.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#89055 by pfoneless
Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:19 am
Thank you for the quick response. I'll contact customer service this morning. I did run the test at
http://www.phonepower.com/speedtest. Here are the results, no response needed unless you see something on my end that would worry you:

Speed test statistics
------------------------
Download speed: 264 kbps
Upload speed: 395 kbps
Download consistency of service: 73%
Upload consistency of service: 86%
Download test type: socket
Upload test type: socket
Maximum TCP delay: 399 ms
Average download pause: 127 ms
Minimum round trip time to server: 104 ms
Average round trip time to server: 713 ms
Estimated download bandwidth: 488 kbps
Route concurrency: 1.8474212
Download TCP forced idle 0 %
Maximum route speed: 5041 kbps

VOIP test statistics
----------------------
Jitter: you --> server 5.2 ms
Jitter: server --> you 0.4 ms
Packet loss: you --> server: 0.0%
Packet loss: server --> you: 0.2%
Packet discards: 0.2 %
Packets out of order: 0.0%
Estimated MOS score: 4.0
#89060 by thunderbird
Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:40 am
pfoneless wrote:Thank you for the quick response. I'll contact customer service this morning. I did run the test at
http://www.phonepower.com/speedtest. Here are the results, no response needed unless you see something on my end that would worry you:

Speed test statistics
------------------------
Download speed: 264 kbps
Upload speed: 395 kbps
Download consistency of service: 73%
Upload consistency of service: 86%
Download test type: socket
Upload test type: socket
Maximum TCP delay: 399 ms
Average download pause: 127 ms
Minimum round trip time to server: 104 ms
Average round trip time to server: 713 ms
Estimated download bandwidth: 488 kbps
Route concurrency: 1.8474212
Download TCP forced idle 0 %
Maximum route speed: 5041 kbps

VOIP test statistics
----------------------
Jitter: you --> server 5.2 ms
Jitter: server --> you 0.4 ms
Packet loss: you --> server: 0.0%
Packet loss: server --> you: 0.2%
Packet discards: 0.2 %
Packets out of order: 0.0%
Estimated MOS score: 4.0

Ooma suggests that you have a minimum of 385 kbps download and 265 kbps upload speeds.

Your Download speed is a little low. This is probably a problem with your Internet provider.

Your Upload speed is higher than your Download speed. Normally it the other way around.

Maximum TCP delay: 399 ms = is usually around 100ms.

Packet loss: server --> you: 0.2% = Should be zero.

Packet discards: 0.2 % = Should be zero.

Estimated MOS score: 4.0 = is still a overall good reading.

Try rebooting your Modem to get a better Internet connection, then test again. Sometimes this process has to be repeated many times to get a better Internet connection.

If things don't improve, try a factory reset of your modem, reference your modem documentation.

If that doesn't work, contact your Internet provider and ask them why your Download speed is lower then your Upload speed.
#89103 by snl1996
Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:07 am
I just wanted to say THANK you.. for the troubleshooters on this!!! I have been avoiding my phone all week because of the robotic sounding voices and have missed some very urgent calls :o . I was worried I'ld have deal with customer service over the phone and be forced to strain to understand the tron sounding voices. But ya'lls advice have fixed things splendidly :!: Thank you :D
#89105 by kruegs
Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:32 am
Mr. Roboto was pretty bad after 30 minutes of my hour long call that I just had. Pretty annoying when it is an important work related call.
#89106 by thunderbird
Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:02 am
kruegs wrote:Mr. Roboto was pretty bad after 30 minutes of my hour long call that I just had. Pretty annoying when it is an important work related call.

Contact Ooma customer Support and see if they will "push" advanced firmware version 50832 or later
for you as has been done for others, see topic viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12690 .

Be sure to tell Ooma Customer Service that you are having the Robotic Voice issue. Also you must talk to Customer Service, Customer Support (2nd Level) for this to happen.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
Last edited by thunderbird on Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#89484 by VicMatson
Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:59 am
I can't believe these issues are still happening, I switched service to another VOIP provider 9 months ago and have no...ZERO, QoS or any other problems. No updates nothing, right out of the box.
#89485 by bohicaIL
Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:12 am
VicMatson wrote:I can't believe these issues are still happening, I switched service to another VOIP provider 9 months ago and have no...ZERO, QoS or any other problems. No updates nothing, right out of the box.


Actually, these issues have been resolved from my perspective- and I was heavily effected- with the latest firmware release. And I personally consider Ooma to be an outstanding value. I switched to Ooma 1.5 years ago from Vonage, where the hidden fees/taxes were killing me for more than $100 per year even with a prepaid account. Despite these Ooma growing pains, I'm happy I made the move.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests