This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#80625 by kelkin
Mon May 02, 2011 10:48 pm
For the past few weeks people have been telling me that my audio has been dropping out, 15-30 seconds of silence where I can hear them saying "Hello? Keith? Hello?" but nothing I say to them is making it out. Nothing has changed on my network configuration and every speed and latency test shows that everything is fine. 30MB down, 5MB up... I'm guessing this must be related to a software update.. Has anyone else experienced this?
-Keith
#80626 by thunderbird
Tue May 03, 2011 1:20 am
kelkin wrote:For the past few weeks people have been telling me that my audio has been dropping out, 15-30 seconds of silence where I can hear them saying "Hello? Keith? Hello?" but nothing I say to them is making it out. Nothing has changed on my network configuration and every speed and latency test shows that everything is fine. 30MB down, 5MB up... I'm guessing this must be related to a software update.. Has anyone else experienced this?
-Keith

I will list a couple of things that add stability:
First access Ooma setup. If your setup is Modem-Ooma-Router, just type in http://172.27.35.1 in your computer's browser window. If your Ooma device is connected behind your router, connect a network cable from your Ooma device's home port to the wired LAN port of computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in your computer, than reboot the computer. Than type in http://172.27.35.1 in your computer's browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet Settings. Go down to INTERNET port MAC Address: and select Use Built IN. Click on Update Device.

Do this only If your setup is Modem-Router-Ooma, reserve a static IP address for the Ooma device in your Router. Than place the Ooma Device's static IP address in the Router's DMZ. Reboot everything in order starting from the Internet, Modem, etc.

For people with Ooma Telo's, some people have success dialing *98 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx, or *98 xxx-xxx-xxxx if ten digit dialing is enabled in your My Ooma pages. If you have a hub use *99.

Let us know what works for you.