This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#80264 by sc4880dc
Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:03 pm
I have had my OOMA HUb for one year now with almost no problems until now. I am getting dropped calls and people calling me can leave a message but it doesn't show that they have called on the caller ID. Also, the phone doesn't even ring all the time that someone is calling.
Would appreciate someones help to correct these problems.
Thanks,
Stephen
#80266 by thunderbird
Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:26 pm
sc4880dc wrote:I have had my OOMA HUb for one year now with almost no problems until now. I am getting dropped calls and people calling me can leave a message but it doesn't show that they have called on the caller ID. Also, the phone doesn't even ring all the time that someone is calling.
Would appreciate someones help to correct these problems.
Thanks,
Stephen

The first thing to do, if you haven't already, is to turn off MAC Address spoofing, by changing the MAC address setting from Automatic to Use Built-In. Than select update and reboot your Ooma device.
You can access your Ooma Setup pages by connecting a network cable from your computer to the Home port of your Ooma device. After a computer reboot, type http://172.27.35.1 in your computer's browser window and hit enter. The Ooma Setup window pages opens.

If your Ooma device is connected behind your router, reserving a static IP address in your router for the Ooma device will help stabilize your Ooma device's connection also.
#80861 by thunderbird
Sat May 07, 2011 2:08 am
kieranmullen wrote:Who do you have for your ISP? What is your connection speed? http://www.speedtest.net Where is your ooma located? In front or behind the router? What is the quality of your voip connection? http://myvoipspeed.visualware.com

I am asking since my father is having issues dropping of calls as well.....

The two main things that help with dropped calls are to Use Built In MAC Address; and if the Ooma device is connected behind the router, Use a static IP address for the Ooma device placed in the router's DMZ.

Another thing that helps in some cases is to move all other electrical and electronic equipment at least four feet away from the Ooma device.
#81435 by puzzled
Sat May 14, 2011 11:58 pm
Me too. Have had OOMA for almost a year without problems. Now calls get dropped every 28 minutes - have to redial to get back. I've been taking part in conference calls, with no problems before. Dropped calls started May 1.

(Also, lately, the message light does not always go on when there's a call, though I can pick up the phone, press the unlit message button and pick up the calls.)

Have you noticed all these posts started at the end of April? It worked fine for a year, now there's a problem.
OOMA folks, have you changed the system? Do you know how bad it sounds to other folks on the phone when we have to call back and say "Sorry, OOMA dropped my connection" ? Not good publicity, especially since there are competitors now.
#81574 by margaret521
Tue May 17, 2011 2:07 pm
[quote][/quote]
The first thing to do, if you haven't already, is to turn off MAC Address spoofing, by changing the MAC address setting from Automatic to Use Built-In. Than select update and reboot your Ooma device.
You can access your Ooma Setup pages by connecting a network cable from your computer to the Home port of your Ooma device. After a computer reboot, type http://172.27.35.1 in your computer's browser window and hit enter. The Ooma Setup window pages opens.

If your Ooma device is connected behind your router, reserving a static IP address in your router for the Ooma device will help stabilize your Ooma device's connection also.

thunderbird

I have the same problem with calls not coming through, voicemails not recorded, etc. Now, it has stopped working. I do not even know what your suggestions are referring to. I do not know what a MAC address is. I don't want to have to know any of this. I just wanted to plug my phone in and not have to learn lots of technical stuff. I tried entering the web address into my browser. That wasn't successful. The voip test said that that aspect was functioning.
I am very disappointed in this phone. It has not worked correctly from the start. The only advantage is the cost. The cost is not really an advantage for a phone that only works sometimes. This is not the phone for someone who wants the convenience of a typical phone. I wish that I had returned it while I was still able to. Just because some people have had a great experience with this phone doesn't mean that everyone has.
#81577 by thunderbird
Tue May 17, 2011 2:22 pm
margaret521:
In your case the first thing I would do is Unpower the Modem, unpower the Ooma device, and unpower the Router.
I'd wait about 5 minutes, than repower everything starting with the Modem, but only repower one device at a time. After the Modem had finished repowering, I'd repower the Ooma device, or Router (which ever device is connected to the Modem). After that device had finished being repowered, repower the next device.

Test and see how things work.

If you still are having problems, post how your Ooma is connected. Is it connected Modem-Ooma-Router or Modem-Router-Ooma.

Give a little more detail about the problems that you are having.

Do you have an Ooma Hub or a Ooma Telo?