This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#79768 by tkc9789
Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:14 pm
I have the Ooma Telo under trial for several days now. Local calls are great. But for overseas calls, there is a couple of seconds of dead air before the receiving end can hear me. I never experienced this with Vonage. Are there anything I can do to eliminate this dead air? Thanks!!
BTW, my ISP is ATT and the Telco connects directly to the ATT 2-wire.
#79801 by jhphone
Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:18 pm
tkc9789 wrote:I have the Ooma Telo under trial for several days now. Local calls are great. But for overseas calls, there is a couple of seconds of dead air before the receiving end can hear me. I never experienced this with Vonage. Are there anything I can do to eliminate this dead air? Thanks!!

Check out this thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9569 and observe the suffering -- 33 pages worth.

IOW, welcome to Ooma.

My suggestion is if your Telo service does not get better quickly (it won't), return it while you can.
#79826 by thunderbird
Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:58 am
tkc9789 wrote:I have the Ooma Telo under trial for several days now. Local calls are great. But for overseas calls, there is a couple of seconds of dead air before the receiving end can hear me. I never experienced this with Vonage. Are there anything I can do to eliminate this dead air? Thanks!!

Check and see if you have the latest Ooma Telo 45073 Firmware update. Ooma Telo 45073 Firmware update corrected some of these problems that some people are having.
The easiest way to check for Ooma Telo Firmware 45073 update is to press any of the buttons on the face of the Ooma device. If you hear tones or voice messages, you have the new Ooma Telo Firmware 45073 update. Tone and voice was an added feature of this update.
If you don't have the firmware update, it will be automatically "pushed" out to you this week.

Sometimes just unpowering and powering your cordless phone base will help.

How is your Ooma device configured, Modem-Ooma-Router or Modem-Router-Ooma?
#79831 by tkc9789
Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:48 am
thunderbird wrote:Check and see if you have the latest Ooma Telo 45073 Firmware update. Ooma Telo 45073 Firmware update corrected some of these problems that some people are having.
The easiest way to check for Ooma Telo Firmware 45073 update is to press any of the buttons on the face of the Ooma device. If you hear tones or voice messages, you have the new Ooma Telo Firmware 45073 update. Tone and voice was an added feature of this update.
If you don't have the firmware update, it will be automatically "pushed" out to you this week.

Sometimes just unpowering and powering your cordless phone base will help.

How is your Ooma device configured, Modem-Ooma-Router or Modem-Router-Ooma?

I have ATT 2-Wire and the Telo direct connects to the 2-Wire, no other routers in my setup.
Don't have the latest firmware yet. Hopefully I'll get it soon. Thanks.
#79870 by thunderbird
Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:15 am
by Dennis P » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:59 pm

We are restarting the rollout of 45073 - all Telo users should have it by middle of next week.