This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#80536 by nn5i
Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:39 pm
murphy wrote:It sounds like it was written by someone whose native language isn't English.
That's very likely since first level support is in the Philippines.

That's quite possible, though most of the errors are also characteristic of illiterate Americans. If I knew something of Tagalog, it's be easier to decide. Most of the posters in these forums are little if any better.

My point isn't that this guy ought to have perfect English -- why should he? -- only that Ooma shouldn't hire him since he doesn't, because the job requires communication in English. Shame on Ooma, but not much shame on him. He tries, at least.
#80547 by EA PA
Sun May 01, 2011 3:34 am
nn5i wrote:
murphy wrote:It sounds like it was written by someone whose native language isn't English.
That's very likely since first level support is in the Philippines.

That's quite possible, though most of the errors are also characteristic of illiterate Americans. If I knew something of Tagalog, it's be easier to decide. Most of the posters in these forums are little if any better.

Really?
#80574 by LKA
Sun May 01, 2011 5:38 pm
Current Telephone Company:
Current Provider

Original Telephone Company:
Pacific Bell

Original Telephone Company Type:
Regional Bell Operating Company (RBOC)

Delay about 1-2 seconds since installing Ooma in March 2011
#80577 by ajw522
Sun May 01, 2011 7:07 pm
LKA wrote:Current Telephone Company:
Current Provider

Pacific Bell

Delay about 1-2 seconds since installing Ooma in March 2011

Really??
#80628 by thunderbird
Tue May 03, 2011 8:24 am
LKA wrote:Current Telephone Company:
Current Provider

Pacific Bell

LKA: Delay about 1-2 seconds since installing Ooma in March 2011

Current Provider is not a correct answer.
You have to go into http://tnid.org, and enter your current phone number, to find your Current Porvicer.
#80648 by nn5i
Tue May 03, 2011 11:00 am
thunderbird wrote: ... enter your current phone number, to find your Current Porvicer.

Watch out for those people -- no one wants to get porviced.
#80821 by onoccasion
Fri May 06, 2011 1:05 pm
Current: Level 3 Communications LLC, Amsterdam, NY
Original: Choice One Communications Inc.
Delay ~1s (enough that we keep talking over top of each other & my wife thinks it's worth the cost to switch back to a regular landline)
Since becoming a customer in January 2011
Seems to be worse in last month
Local calls (99% of our calls) are worse in all regards (delay, not connecting, caller ID not sent, incoming calls not ringing and not really recording voicemail even though caller hears outgoing voicemail message, etc.)