This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#80468 by jhphone
Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:17 pm
nn5i wrote:
jhphone wrote:Why are we USERS having to perform this DIAGNOSIS of the Ooma system? Why can't they do it themselves?

Well, ya see, with Ooma ya get (unlike POTS) not only a telephone, but also a new hobby at no extra charge. Me, I prefer ham radio, music, photography, model trains, and teaching Judo. I didn't actually need a new hobby. I just wanted a reliable no-frills phone to talk on. I got that, almost -- but only almost.

Ain't THAT the truth!

Coincidence: I just ordered an OWON Oscilliscope (HDS1022M-N) and it arrived today. What a great deal! http://www.tmatlantic.com/e-store/index ... NT_ID=1069 It came with the "optional" Al carrying case for free, no shipping, and USB-to-laptop software! But...

But... I ain't gonna use it to help debug Ooma's system.

Seriously -- they need to hire some competent network/telco consultants. All visible evidence says that the initial developers left for greener pastures after the first beta went live. IOW, the beta we are stuck with.
#80481 by EA PA
Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:43 am
nn5i wrote:
EA PA wrote:Ah - WA2JMZ - CQ!

Hmmm -- doesn't show as an active callsign. 73 anyway!

Lapsed a few years back... novice paddle clacker from the 70's. Who has time for it now anyway? Between work and OOMA, I'm already full time .. Ill get back to it some day and throw a little RF around - ya'll still trade cards?
#80487 by EA PA
Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:15 pm
nn5i wrote:
EA PA wrote: [y'all] still trade cards?

Yup, most do. Never misspell "y'all" when talkin' to a redneck Suthnuh.

LOL - got me again
#80515 by lzhj9k
Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:16 am
I too have been experiencing the Delay/Echo problems since I installled in July 2010

My wife uses her cellphone whenever she can rather than OOMA

My current carrier, per requested search is.......

Current Telephone Company:
Choice One Communications

Mike
#80517 by horsecore
Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:55 am
Well, I have heard back from Ooma support and nothing new has developed. I'm not entirely confident this issue will ever be resolved. Here is the response, verbatim:

Thank you very kindly for your email. The carrier routing the calls you have reported is not One Comm, it is Intelepeer and their underlying carriers, who are handling your local traffic.
One Communications is the carrier your number ported in to or one of thier many carriers. But we all use many carriers to complete calls so it isnt just us and them. Its us, them, who they use, and what sourse of switch they use to route the calls. In this instance there is evidence that is possibly a switch thats the cause and not so much the carrier. I cannot provide much detail, because I simply dont have it. The firmware does address the issue you cited but your delay is different and is why it is unaffected by the new firmware. The delay issue, does not seem to be black or white so big decisions are still being considered, All I can do is keep escalating call samples in the hopes that a route change for your locals calls will fix it. But the next time the carrier does an update it may break again. Weve already seen it. I realize this is very frustrating and ongoing and if you feel we are not resolving your issue to your satisfaction, please let me know. This issue affects a good handful of users, so you are not alone in this fight to resolve.
I can still escalate, so if you have any calls this weekend please send them up for escalation on Monday.

Sigh....
#80522 by nn5i
Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:06 pm
Thank you very kindly for your email ... in to ... thier ... isnt ... sourse ... evidence that is possibly a switch ... thats ... dont ... your delay is different and is why it is unaffected ... The delay issue, does not ... decisions are still being considered, All I can do ... Weve

Wow. Three paragraphs. 256 words. Seven spelling errors. Two punctuation errors. Two weird fragments that are rather hard to diagnose. Where do they get these people?

EDIT: Oops -- missed another punctuation error (the comma after One Comm, which should be a period). Also missed that its in the fourth line, which should be it's. So in 256 words there are 13 glaring errors. I wonder what word was intended by sourse? As I wondered in another post, what has happened to professionalism?
#80529 by murphy
Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:12 pm
It sounds like it was written by someone whose native language isn't English.
That's very likely since first level support is in the Philippines.