This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#84569 by thunderbird
Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:37 pm
TxLady wrote:TxLady here.

I could not hear the voice messages when I tried to play it back by pushing the arrow button on the Teleo.

I then logged in to my account and was unable to play the message and received an error message said (in red writing) "service not available".

Then when I tried to use my phone to retrievie the message I evidently had deleted the message by mistake.

So frustrating.

You should be able to go into My Ooma to Home, then Voicemail, then click on the Trash can at the Left under Voicemail. Your deleted message should be in the Trash can yet, but you can still play it.
#84907 by pops
Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:56 am
Further update: Ooma did reply that they were escalating to a higher level of support. Then, no update for 8 days, including after I emailed them asking for an update. I guess it's back to Costco. I suppose my next best alternative to high monthly bills for a landline is to go with Google Voice and just route calls to our cell phones. The connection quality won't be as good, but the delay won't be as bad.
#84913 by thunderbird
Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:58 pm
pops wrote:Further update: Ooma did reply that they were escalating to a higher level of support. Then, no update for 8 days, including after I emailed them asking for an update. I guess it's back to Costco. I suppose my next best alternative to high monthly bills for a landline is to go with Google Voice and just route calls to our cell phones. The connection quality won't be as good, but the delay won't be as bad.

You waited eight days. I would have called them every other day, or even every day.
#85193 by pops
Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:42 am
Point taken, though I took them at their word when they encouraged me to follow up via email. I called them yesterday, they escalated my call to the engineering department, but I had to hang up before they answered. This morning, they called me 3 times until I picked up (was driving the 1st two) and had more instructions for troubleshooting.

They basically want a call log so they can go back and look at the routing, and they asked me to try the Ooma device on another network (like my neighbors) as well just in case its something to do with my set up. I'm to email them the info then they'll call back after they've analyzed with next steps.

The problem isn't solved yet, but they do seem to be taking it seriously.
#85194 by thunderbird
Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:57 am
pops wrote:Point taken, though I took them at their word when they encouraged me to follow up via email. I called them yesterday, they escalated my call to the engineering department, but I had to hang up before they answered. This morning, they called me 3 times until I picked up (was driving the 1st two) and had more instructions for troubleshooting.

They basically want a call log so they can go back and look at the routing, and they asked me to try the Ooma device on another network (like my neighbors) as well just in case its something to do with my set up. I'm to email them the info then they'll call back after they've analyzed with next steps.

I'm glad you are making some progress. But keep after Ooma.

Keep us informed as to how things turn out.
#85553 by horsecore
Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:19 pm
pops wrote:Point taken, though I took them at their word when they encouraged me to follow up via email. I called them yesterday, they escalated my call to the engineering department, but I had to hang up before they answered. This morning, they called me 3 times until I picked up (was driving the 1st two) and had more instructions for troubleshooting.

They did the same thing for me, requesting phone logs of calls I noticed he problem on, which is every one. Nothing came of it and the support ticket faded into obscurity....
#85736 by thunderbird
Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:20 am
horsecore wrote:
thunderbird wrote:horsecore:
Did you ever try sending a personal E-mail to Norm Toy describing your problem? That's what I did.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=107

Yeah but I never heard back and I did not want to pester.

If Norm Toy won't respond, try Ooma Moderator Bobby B.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=53

In your E-mail tell him about all of the things that you have done to try to correct the Delay problem from your end.
Tell him about your contacts with Ooma Customer Service, etc and the results.

Tell him how long the delay problem has gone on for your, etc.
#85834 by northway
Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:02 am
Ooma user for about 6 months now with chronic audio delays since the outset of about a second. I notice it most when I am on the "other end" of an Ooma call from my wife at home.

Current Telephone Company:
Current Provider

Original Telephone Company:
Choice One Communications Inc. - Me

Original Telephone Company Type:
Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC)

I have not reported this myself to Ooma, but have occasionally checked the forums for solutions/workarounds. I, fortunately, have not given up my land line, as I had planned, so I still have that as a fallback if Ooma is intolerable. If the situation isn't straightened out, I will have to revert to the land line and give up on Ooma. Too bad.