This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#82812 by EA PA
Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:56 am
Tbird,

Yes, I have been watching. I understand that Ooma folk are trying out some changes on the 909 number, and that this temporary solution is not rolled out generally beyond the 909 number. I was wondering if this test arrangement was undone based on vicw data that looks worse than mine. If mine still shows improvement and vicw still has delay issues, that tells me that the test that they are running is not universally effective. Conversely, if I retest and my delay returns to previous levels, then this may explain vicw's longer delay. Thanks.

Vicw, Ill retest tonight and post again. EA
#82818 by vicw
Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:03 pm
EA PA wrote:Tbird,

Yes, I have been watching. I understand that Ooma folk are trying out some changes on the 909 number, and that this temporary solution is not rolled out generally beyond the 909 number. I was wondering if this test arrangement was undone based on vicw data that looks worse than mine. If mine still shows improvement and vicw still has delay issues, that tells me that the test that they are running is not universally effective. Conversely, if I retest and my delay returns to previous levels, then this may explain vicw's longer delay. Thanks.

Vicw, Ill retest tonight and post again. EA


EA PA - I don't know what's happening in the system at any time, whether there are a bunch of dynamics at work, or if Ooma is making each change, and waiting for us to respond to each change. I was encouraged that the RT timing on my system improved noticeably on Friday, down from the 800 ms range to around 500 ms, and then I got my widely variable results yesterday, back up to a 700-860 ms RT.

Maybe it would useful for us (you and I, and anyone else who would like to participate) to try to schedule a somewhat simultaneous test, then post our results here. If you want to try that, please let me know what time you would like to do it. I'm on EDT, in Southern Pines, NC.
#82822 by EA PA
Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:41 pm
History:
909# Old, 850 mSec, New 480 mSec
925# Old, 370 mSec, New 370 mSec

Retest on 06/07/2011
Now it is
909#, 700 mSec

Looks like it went to a higher delay again. They must be experimenting with routing on the 909#. Well it not just you anyway!

Edit: I would not call for a gang test unless Ooma folk call for it after they change something else and want it tested. Ill just wait for them.
#82831 by vicw
Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:06 pm
EA PA wrote:History:
909# Old, 850 mSec, New 480 mSec
925# Old, 370 mSec, New 370 mSec

Retest on 06/07/2011
Now it is
909#, 700 mSec

Looks like it went to a higher delay again. They must be experimenting with routing on the 909#. Well it not just you anyway!

Edit: I would not call for a gang test unless Ooma folk call for it after they change something else and want it tested. Ill just wait for them.


Makes sense to me. I'm relieved that your test also showed a higher reading than you got Friday, same as mine.
#82930 by vicw
Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:36 am
FWIW - I just ran a couple of RT Echo tests on the 909 number, and got much better times than previously, still not below the 400 ms suggested optimal max level, but encouraging to me:

Call 1: 417-441 ms
Call 2: 464-476 ms

Ooma - keep tweaking.....
#83011 by EA PA
Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:52 pm
I saw another post claiming that the 909# is dead. I tested it myself, and sure enough, no loopback. Must be WIP!
#83013 by vicw
Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:58 pm
EA PA wrote:I saw another post claiming that the 909# is dead. I tested it myself, and sure enough, no loopback. Must be WIP!


It worked for me a minute ago.

PS - WIP?
#83016 by EA PA
Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:05 pm
vicw wrote:
EA PA wrote:I saw another post claiming that the 909# is dead. I tested it myself, and sure enough, no loopback. Must be WIP!


It worked for me a minute ago.

PS - WIP?


Work in progress...WIP

By the way - I tried another phone on the system - It worked for about 1 or 2 seconds - then nothing. I wonder if I have the "lost call" plague... :o

GAK
#83020 by vicw
Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:17 pm
I managed to get about 10 seconds before it cut off on me. I have noticed recently that a loud sound seems to cause the line to drop, but that might just be my imagination.
#83021 by EA PA
Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:43 pm
vicw wrote:I managed to get about 10 seconds before it cut off on me. I have noticed recently that a loud sound seems to cause the line to drop, but that might just be my imagination.


The 925 number still functions normally for me, as well as other non-test numbers - I'm OK after all. :D

It looks like the toolkit is working the 909 #, or its just broke. I've been on a roll the last few months with smooth sailing - flawless operation. My concerns without merit... ooooooooma

break even within 2 months....

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests