This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#79114 by thewidup
Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:19 am
There's a lot of threads on this and I'm sorry if I'm starting over. There 32 pages of comments in one thread alone and I can't narrow down if my issue is the same or unique.

A few weeks ago I started having echo problems on my Ooma Telo. v 1.43368 at present. This only appears to be happening on outbound calls from my number. If I have an inbound call there is no issue with an echo.

This morning I decided to verify a few things.

1: It always happens with my house phone (Uniden multi-handset wired copper to ooma telo) on outbound calls.
2: Inbound calls are not affected. I made several calls to one person and the test number to validate this.
3: My Ooma Handset does NOT have the issue. If I make an outbound call from the Ooma Handset there is no echo for the other party.

I've confirmed this to be the case by calling a person as well as calling the 909-390-0003 test number. If I call the test number from my Uniden phone and say "Echo" I hear my echo repeated at least 4 times before it fades out. If I call the test number from my Ooma Handset I hear my echo repeated plain as day and nothing more than that.

So, is it a copper issue inside my house? If so, this just started happening a few weeks ago of it's own accord.
#79141 by thunderbird
Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:17 pm
thewidup wrote:1: It always happens with my house phone (Uniden multi-handset wired copper to ooma telo) on outbound calls.
2: Inbound calls are not affected. I made several calls to one person and the test number to validate this.
3: My Ooma Handset does NOT have the issue. If I make an outbound call from the Ooma Handset there is no echo for the other party.

I've confirmed this to be the case by calling a person as well as calling the 909-390-0003 test number. If I call the test number from my Uniden phone and say "Echo" I hear my echo repeated at least 4 times before it fades out. If I call the test number from my Ooma Handset I hear my echo repeated plain as day and nothing more than that.

So, is it a copper issue inside my house? If so, this just started happening a few weeks ago of it's own accord.

Since you can call using your Ooma Handset without a problem, it's most likely the Uniden Phone system. Some phones are just not compatable with VoIP phone systems. I have a GE 5.8 GHz cordless phone system that did the same thing. I replaced my phones with DECT 6 Plus phones and haven't had a problem since.
#79148 by thewidup
Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:28 pm
Actually - I think I just narrowed it down. It wasn't the Uniden system. It's either the wiring in the house or the one other handset I have wall mounted. I plugged the Uniden directly into the Telo and the echo went away. Bizarre how these things just "happen".